Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are Atilla. What do you play?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I've often thought it would be quite nice if stadium DJs played a track by an 'opposition band' at each game, ie a group that are known fans of the opponents. Part of the matchday programme is given over to the oppo, so why not one of the pre-match tunes as well? I'm pretty sure every pro team has a known musician as a 'celebrity fan'. (It would be Squeeze for us, which is probably less embarrassing than a lot of clubs.)

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I've often thought it would be quite nice if stadium DJs played a track by an 'opposition band' at each game, ie a group that are known fans of the opponents. Part of the matchday programme is given over to the oppo, so why not one of the pre-match tunes as well? I'm pretty sure every pro team has a known musician as a 'celebrity fan'. (It would be Squeeze for us, which is probably less embarrassing than a lot of clubs.)

Well this is a Brighton band and the song quite well known in footy circles:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoc2sV0TatE&feature=related

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[yt]k-dEw2A_vbM[/yt]

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If this thread doesn't make you thankful for Atilla than nothing will.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I went to Hamburg a couple of years ago they had a DJ hovering above the terrace in a cherry picker blasting out chest beating rock anthems. It whipped the crowd up into a right frenzy.

You supply the cherry picker and I'll supply the hard rock. In fact, I'll supply a cherry picker as well if someone lets me do this. I'm sure the kids will love me flying overhead to the 'tune' of Angel of Death.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
It was funny last home game, he was playing "somethings gotta change" by the stranglers and just as i i got my chips the tannoy belted out "Stick my fingers right up your nose"!! Had to laugh. Where else would you get that experience, eh? Seriously, i liked it when he played fat boy slim when he was at his height but otherwise i do think he should mix it up a bit cos so much of it is such a dirge!! It doesnt exactly inspire the crowd to get buzzy does it, and i shudder to think what it will sound like if hes still doing it at falmer. Its not that i want to hear the latest boy band stuff or commercial pop crap but just a few dance tracks or funky stuff would leven it somewhat (even something like level 42 would make a change)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Skip the 4 and just play Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands.

Everyone's too busy in the bog or searching for forks to worry too much about the ouverture.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not generally important, however teen pop clearly has its place. I understand Wolves were playing Britney Spears Womaniser for the visit of Chelski this weekend

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Upbeat pop music please. Something by Lady Gaga or La Roux then something ROCKIER which everyone knows like Aerosmith or Springsteen.

All this punk stuff can f*** RIGHT OFF. No one has heard it lets be honest. Self indulgent rubbish from a time when it was f*** the establishment etc blah blah blah. Had. Its. Day.

Lets not be snobby, lets get some f***ing atmosphere.

Playing an obscure but oh so clever punk song with a reference that no one apart from about 5 people have heard is just plain BOLLOCKS.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not generally important, however teen pop clearly has its place. I understand Wolves were playing Britney Spears Womaniser for the visit of Chelski this weekend

Thats my point. Nearly EVERYONE would have heard this track.

They wouldnt have heard a Sham 69 B side that may also allude to womanising for example.

Its NOT clever its f***ing STUPID.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Upbeat pop music please. Something by Lady Gaga or La Roux then something ROCKIER which everyone knows like Aerosmith or Springsteen.

All this punk stuff can f*** RIGHT OFF. No one has heard it lets be honest. Self indulgent rubbish.

Lets not be snobby, lets get some f***ing atmosphere.

Playing an obscure but oh so clever punk song with a reference that no one apart from about 5 people have heard is just plain BOLLOCKS.
This.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here