Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yippee! Day off because of snow.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As it's six inches deep in Seaford I'm not bothering. Spent Tuesday night sleeping on the M25 in the lorry and I'm not doing that again. Anyone else staying home?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Not sure yet we have to ring in about 9 but as we have just over a foot here I can't see the site being open especially as we were sent home tonight when we only had 4" then!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm staying at home, I'd have no hope of trying to get to Burgess Hill in this weather.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having cycled two miles through deep snow to get to work last night I shall be doing the same going home in an hour.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Pleased for you boys!!!
I've been at work at Brighton Uni site in Eastbourne all night watching it get deeper and deeper. Just measured 7 inches in the car park, dont think my car will be moving. Got a 2 mile walk when/if someone gets in to relieve me.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
my flight is at 9am, and only going away for weekend, thinking of just sacking it off, cant be arsed to get stranded abroad if its still bad come Monday

I would ring them today but I doubt your flight will be anywhere near on time departing even if the plane is at Gatwick now!!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Ive just had the call that school is shut again, so another day by the fire. Couldnt even get the car off the driveway yesterday. Another 5 inches in SS16

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
im on call this week, last night i had to drive from newhaven to kemptown....it took 3 hours (at the start of this snow around 8pm)
all i done was re-set the RCD.
just checked the van, snow is halfway up the wheels.

looks like im off for the day too

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No trains so laptop logged in from home to work however I doubt much to do really as no-one else can work.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup my school's been shut for the day too. Yippeeyaiyay Motherflicker. Take that Mr Smeddlethorpe!
*groom*

Nah, i'm off to work shortly. It looks cold and splashy out there. My main concern is whether my football match is on tonight. A light dusting shouldn't cancel i don't reckon.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
12 inches here just outside Lincoln. Made it to work in Nottingham yesterday with the help of some neighbours and their shovels but it was pretty hairy at times. Not sure I'm going to risk it this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here