Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yikes, my memorial tile has disappeared

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We originally had one on the ground outside the West Stand. Then a new one emerged on the disabled ramp with all the others behind the North stand. Mrs Earle and me, my son and grandson searched high and low for it on Saturday for our usual early season thoughts of remembrance for my dad who started us on our journey with the club........ and it's gone. Anyone on here have any knowlege if the Albion have removed some? Interestingly, at least one tile on the wall was duplicated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I very much doubt the club have knowingly removed any of the stones. That would be crap. Maybe give them a call?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If the club is as organised and well-run as we all know it is, the club must surely have an index / location register to be able to pinpoint every tile - if it gets moved, the register gets updated.

It'll be there somewhere - if not, that needs correcting ....

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
They’ve definitely been moved around prior to the start of the season. Took me ages to find my dad’s tile on the long wall near the memorial area. Happy it’s still there, but a bit strange that it was moved without any communication from the club.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
They’ve have definitely moved some around. Took me a while to find my Grandads one at the pre season friendly. I am not sure if his has been moved or if the fact there are now less plaques above his made it harder to find initially.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's the club reply:

Thank you for your email and apologies for the confusion this must have caused on Saturday!
As we had building work over the Summer, just above the wall of heritage tiles, some were taken down.
These are currently being made by the stone masons and should be posted over to us in a few weeks.
This will then be put back in the same place it was before.
This should hopefully be back up, hopefully, by the end of October.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If the club is as organised and well-run as we all know it is, the club must surely have an index / location register to be able to pinpoint every tile - if it gets moved, the register gets updated.

It'll be there somewhere - if not, that needs correcting ....
Exactly this. I suspect they will be able to tell you where it is :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Here's the club reply:

Thank you for your email and apologies for the confusion this must have caused on Saturday!
As we had building work over the Summer, just above the wall of heritage tiles, some were taken down.
These are currently being made by the stone masons and should be posted over to us in a few weeks.
This will then be put back in the same place it was before.
This should hopefully be back up, hopefully, by the end of October.
I really should have read this before posting ! Anyway glad all resolved :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here