Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I imagine there will be jewish kids, and a lot of kids from black families who shun pork, and of course, as its Islington, veggies, wont be too bothered. It is a tragedy though, white, English children being denied their cultural pork heritage.
I can underrstand why NSC's 'permanently offended' are having their daily hissy fits.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Im sure he'll answer for himself in due course but i suspect the point he's trying to make is that yet again the majority are having to change for the (at present) minority, and that eventually this country will become unrecognisable , there are many things that are not necessarily an intrinsic part of my life but i'd miss them if they went or were banned, church bells on a sunday morning for instance ,how long before they become 'offensive' or ' inappropriate ' in an area with a high muslim population, it really isnt beyond the bounds of possibility , references to pigs are banned in certain childrens books, they are doing it by stealth, and one day it will be too late.

I agree Bushy, there are many things that are deemed inappropriate that to me are just part of daily life. One of my neighbours had a cockerel for a while but had to get rid of it because it some of the other neighbours complained about the noise. I kind of miss that echo of a bygone age.

Edit: Shit you are right Bushy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-ringing-bells-avoid-disturbing-players.html

Bloody Muslims

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Care to give an example of maybe 2 or 3 non-faith schools in the UK with a high number of Catholic pupils who specifically don't have meat on the menu every Friday because of them? I'm slightly incredulous about this.

Oakwood - Horley

Always a fish and chip day with a vegan option - the pupils would gomad if they didn't get their chips on a Friday!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This Fish on a friday thing was ended by the pope donkies years ago. Its an ENGLISH tradition.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You've got to smile, the two posters that have no problem with any of the worries on this thread and are very vociferous or joke..............Do not live here :smile:
No wonder they could not really give a toss.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oakwood - Horley

Always a fish and chip day with a vegan option - the pupils would gomad if they didn't get their chips on a Friday!!!

So they DO have meat on a Friday then. You wrote:

I think you'll find that many schools with a substantial number of Catholic pupils don't serve meat on a Friday for similar reasons.

Have I got this wrong then and you're saying that they specifically serve fish (and you don't call that meat?) only on a Friday because of Catholics? If so, I call bullshit. As Soulman said, everyone knows that Friday is fish and chips day. My kids went to a CoE school and they always had fish and chips on a Friday. I went to a bog standard non-faith state school and we always had fish and chips on a Friday. I can assure you, it's not just Catholics who have this tradition.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So they DO have meat on a Friday then. You wrote:

Have I got this wrong then and you're saying that they specifically serve fish only on a Friday because of Catholics? If so, I call bullshit. As Soulman said, everyone knows that Friday is fish and chips day. My kids went to a CoE school and they always had fish and chips on a Friday. I went to a bog standard non-faith state school and we always had fish and chips on a Friday. I can assure you, it's not just Catholics who have this tradition.

Yep - You'll find that the vast majority of UK schools have a meat free Friday - just do a search for school lunch menues.

So if you don't/won't accept that meat free Fridays are not based on religion what is your explanation? ???

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Special treatment.....

259012D300000578-2948893-This_mocked_up_photo_refers_to_the_child_abuse_scandal_in_Labour-a-26_1423705128713.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've got to smile, the two posters that have no problem with any of the worries on this thread and are very vociferous or joke..............Do not live here :smile:
No wonder they could not really give a toss.

...... and get this, one of the posters who is up in arms about the drip drip of Islamic culture lives in Sompting :) :)

To be fair though all the posters up in arms have a wilful desire to find any non story and link it to their pre-existing prejudices (assisted and abetted by shoddy journalism from the right wing press of course).

Beef sausages are quite nice you know. They are the norm in Australia, takes a while to get used to the change but eventually you come to quite like them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep - You'll find that the vast majority of UK schools have a meat free Friday - just do a search for school lunch menues.

So if you don't/won't accept that meat free Fridays are not based on religion what is your explanation? ???

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you just wrote with that double (triple?) negative or whether you're agreeing or arguing with me so let me spell out clearly what I mean:

I call bullshit on your claim that non-faith state schools in the UK have a tendency to serve fish on a Friday because of high numbers of Catholics in a certain area. They do it because it's a very old British tradition to eat fish on a Friday regardless of which faith you belong to.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
...... and get this, one of the posters who is up in arms about the drip drip of Islamic culture lives in Sompting :) :)

To be fair though all the posters up in arms have a wilful desire to find any non story and link it to their pre-existing prejudices (assisted and abetted by shoddy journalism from the right wing press of course).

Beef sausages are quite nice you know. They are the norm in Australia, takes a while to get used to the change but eventually you come to quite like them.

oh do :censored:off fishy

beef sausages are completely inferior to pork sausages,get a grip man!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair though all the posters up in arms have a wilful desire to find any non story and link it to their pre-existing prejudices.

Whereas you're the sword of truth on here, as ever. Yes, your analogy of nut allergies is EXACTLY like religious doctrine which forbids those minorities from eating pork. And someone living in Australia or Prague commenting on what goes on in another country/continent is EXACTLY like someone from one part of Southern England commenting on another part of Southern England. Well done you and Dave.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep, i live in Sompting and work in the South East which includes London.....where as you live about 15,000 miles away. Glad you like your beef sausages, i expect they are all the rage in Oz. By the way, i believe you have a bit of trouble in Sydney, how far are you from there...am i closer to Scotland than you to Sydney.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You're wrong on this too. They're bloody horrible as are the chicken sausages they serve in places like Egypt.
They serve them here too, I don't mind a chicken sausage myself. I suppose some people cope with change better than others.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I imagine there will be jewish kids, and a lot of kids from black families who shun pork, and of course, as its Islington, veggies, wont be too bothered. It is a tragedy though, white, English children being denied their cultural pork heritage.
I can underrstand why NSC's 'permanently offended' are having their daily hissy fits.

It's good that you recognise the cultural significance of pork to the British........

http://englishbreakfastsociety.com/back-bacon.html

Not to mention the good old porker........

"Back bacon is not just about the cut of the meat, its also about the genetic lineage of the pig and arguably when it comes to the history of making bacon, the most blue-blooded of all bacon lineages come from England, with its centuries old history of breeding lines of pig specifically to make what the world now calls back bacon."

Let's be honest people that deny themselves bacon whether for dietary, cultural or religious reasons don't realise what a treat they are missing.........they must be mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here