Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another Sunderland ticket price thread

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Yes this must be about the 15th + but ive lost count...

But am I the only person who dont mind at all paying the prices the tickets are for sale ???
because at the end of the day there are many reasons I happy to pay this and these are the reasons

1. We are in a brand new state of the art stadium that wasn't cheap and needs to be pay for and if from time to time I have to pay a few extra quid to see the game I dont mind.

2. It is a prem team and a fairly good one at that.

3. If we want to progress as a team in the table and cups in the future we need the fuunding to do that

4. new signings !! the amount TB has spent on new players is unreal and so again we owe something back to the team do we not?

5. we are not at the withdean where tickets were given out for free basically

6. overall the changes TB and also Gus have made and will make in future will be out of this world i believe and we have the odd 'brighton fans' moaning cos they have to pay a extra 5er !!!

so please stop moaning what a few extra quid going to cost you, you either want to go and help your team or you dont go either way please stop moaning as tickets will be this price and in the future more when we get into the prem eventually!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Prem teams do reduce their prices for cup games. I'm almost certain that Villa did 18 months ago albeit we were the lower division opposition.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes this must be about the 15th + but ive lost count...

But am I the only person who dont mind at all paying the prices the tickets are for sale ???
because at the end of the day there are many reasons I happy to pay this and these are the reasons

1. We are in a brand new state of the art stadium that wasn't cheap and needs to be pay for and if from time to time I have to pay a few extra quid to see the game I dont mind.

2. It is a prem team and a fairly good one at that.

3. If we want to progress as a team in the table and cups in the future we need the fuunding to do that

4. new signings !! the amount TB has spent on new players is unreal and so again we owe something back to the team do we not?

5. we are not at the withdean where tickets were given out for free basically

6. overall the changes TB and also Gus have made and will make in future will be out of this world i believe and we have the odd 'brighton fans' moaning cos they have to pay a extra 5er !!!

so please stop moaning what a few extra quid going to cost you, you either want to go and help your team or you dont go either way please stop moaning as tickets will be this price and in the future more when we get into the prem eventually!

Agreed and I will probably be going and don't mind paying £24, however I do feel that maybe the club could have offered season ticket holders a 'reduced' ticket price before going on general sale, as compared to the cost per game on a season ticket (yes it is discounted I know) it can be a bit much for others to follow. But we all have choices and most should see football as a activity that we chose to do. If you can't afford it, don't go!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Agreed and I will probably be going and don't mind paying £24, however I do feel that maybe the club could have offered season ticket holders a 'reduced' ticket price before going on general sale, as compared to the cost per game on a season ticket (yes it is discounted I know) it can be a bit much for others to follow. But we all have choices and most should see football as a activity that we chose to do. If you can't afford it, don't go!

If we could pay for tickets using our smart cards we could get a 10% discount

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I dont think you can argue that the tickets MIGHT be more expensive int the future so we have to get used to it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
if you want to pay it then pay it if you don't want to then don't. Personally I'm not going to pay £35 (+ booking fee!) for my season ticket seat but if I can get a seat in a cheaper area once they go on general sale I might dip my toe in the water

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Price for my seat is going to be £35 including the £2 booking fee. Price for my seat as a STH= £23.69. That is an increase of approx 48%. I'm all for supporting the club but that is a piss take so I won't be bothering.

Anybody want a cheap parking voucher?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My personal view is that the prices are little on the steep side, and I may well give it a miss as the Albion are consuming an awful lot of my cash at the moment. If the crowd matches that of the Gillingham game then the pricing strategy will have been justified, if the crowd doesn't reach 15,000 or so then I would suggest a rethink. Given the amazing amount of revenue generated at the AMEX each home game, I would have thought the club would have been interested in guaranteeing a big crowd.

The CC is a discretionary spend for STH's and I can see a fair few not coming to this one. I do realise that we have to get as much money in as possible to maintain a successful squad so i can see why the prices have been set at this level for this tie. I think the club are testing the elasticity of demand whilst the mood is still euphoric. It will be interesting to see what the turnout is for this game.

I think there is little point in moaning about the prices, if you do feel they are too high, do not pay them, that should get your message across.

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
So it's ok for prem clubs to reduce their prices but not Championship clubs? Oh never mind.

There's a lot more revenue a premiership team can make from other sources as opposed to a championship team.

I'm not a STH so am looking forward to the game. It seems that I'll have a good chance to get tickets for me and my 4 year old daughter. She has yet to go to AMEX.
:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here