Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YET ANOTHER Sharm El Sheikh thread - SORRY!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
You want to have a word with Simmo who is out there now. Back Saturday I think. :thumbsup:

Just got back yesterday.

On general points, get a minimal amount of Egyptian £ in the UK before you go, I reckon probably less than GB£50 changed up just to basically make sure you can get to your hotel from the airport. Take sterling out there and get it changed there. There are loads of places that do it. In our hotel you just popped in your twenties into a machine and out popped Egyptian money, in the UK I got 8EGY£ to 1£, yet 9 to 1 over there.

Don't book any trips with your operators in the UK, there will be millions of them to choose from when you are out there. Via your travel agent rep when they first meet you at your initial welcome meeting or independent ones as you walk around the town/your hotel.

Always haggle on any prices on anything. First day they charged £11 for taxi from airport to hotel, yet by the end we were getting much longer trips for £5. Just walk away if you are not happy, within one minute there will be someone else whom will offer you a taxi, legit or otherwise (same concerning anything in the shops, the next shops will have exactly the same thing and there are no price tags on anything). They also love a tip for everything, if you feel there service is good give them one, if you don't, dont. Just refuse or say no, it isn't compulsory.

Climate almost perfect 25-32C every day but not humid, also sometimes a cooling breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Jan should be fine too.

Go snorkelling, I have been to the Great Barrier Reef and it is not as good as that but it is well worth a look, costs me about £35 (for half a day at three locations) and it is like swimming in an aquariam.

Bad things are the flies, they are so annoying, dodgy tummy I got one it lasted about 24 hours then got over it and the Russians!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here