Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet again England are shit at whatever they attempt.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unbeaten since The 3rd Anglo Dutch War of 1672-1674.
You`re talking bollox again Nibbles.

We`re great at war.

I`ll grant you we were a bit flukey in the Anglo-Spanish War 1585 -1604

Only because we get so much practice :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Only because we get so much practice :thumbsup:

Practise makes perfect................

Now all together ..........

''There were ten German bombers in the air..................................''''''

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We're not too good at civil wars though. The scots showed us a thing or two at the Battle of Stirling Bridge circa 1297 I can tell you

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
erm, we are pretty good at making Nuclear submarines seemly!

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
We're not too good at civil wars though. The scots showed us a thing or two at the Battle of Stirling Bridge circa 1297 I can tell you

Not true.Any uprising or famous rebels were delt with.We smashed them enough times along with there allies the French.The Welsh caused us more problems.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not true.Any uprising or famous rebels were delt with.We smashed them enough times along with thereallies the French.

Unfortunately, the away defeats in The Boer War and The U.S. War of Independance were " Capello" moments....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Unfortunately, the away defeats in The Boer War and The U.S. War of Independance were " Capello" moments....

(cough)The Treaty of Vereeniging was the peace treaty, signed on 31 May 1902, that ended the South African War (Second Anglo-Boer War) between the South African Republic and the Republic of the Orange Free State on one side and Great Britain on the other.
This settlement entailed the end of hostilities and the surrender of all Boer forces and their arms to the British,

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They were British defeats...................

Pay attention at the back.

You are being German and moving the goalposts... er, crossbar...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And Crisps.

Whenever I go abroad there is never the RANGE of flavours that you get in the UK!

Its usually cheese, cheese and onion or sour cream, salt and vinegar, salted, paprika and thats it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
When it comes to war, we have a very proud record though WW2 wasn't exactly error-free. The typical tommy was no match for jerry but that's mostly due to the lack of 10 years fanatical brain-washing and training pre-poland.

When it comes to BIG sports, we're hopelessly behind as you say. 2012 has got disaster written all over it when compared to the investment being made e.g. I do not expect us to better our Beijing tally despite the billions being poured into the event by comparison. Imagine the press after that ends in disappointment?! Tin helmets on everyone, things are going to get a little rough :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd argue that we've got quite a few individuals and teamsd that DO contend.

One of the reasons I'm able to live with our World Cup fiasco is that we've got a decent cricket side to support, some excellent Grand Prix drivers, Andy Murray's contending and even the rugby boys beat the Aussies in their own backyard last week.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And Crisps.

Whenever I go abroad there is never the RANGE of flavours that you get in the UK!

Its usually cheese, cheese and onion or sour cream, salt and vinegar, salted, paprika and thats it.

You forgot the peanut flavour crisps that you get in french service stations. WTF is all that about? Disgrace.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'd argue that we've got quite a few individuals and teamsd that DO contend.

One of the reasons I'm able to live with our World Cup fiasco is that we've got a decent cricket side to support, some excellent Grand Prix drivers, Andy Murray's contending and even the rugby boys beat the Aussies in their own backyard last week.

Grand Prix a side, everything else is only temporary. So we have good form sometimes. But never class.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We are pretty damn fine at tiddlywinks, although the USA always lick us at the big tourneys. That said, we still hold the 24 wink record:

Stephen Williams (Altrincham Grammar School) potted 24 winks from 45 cm (18 in) in 21.8sec in May 1966. GO ON MY SON!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You forgot the peanut flavour crisps that you get in french service stations. WTF is all that about? Disgrace.

Oh no. No no no no no. No sirree.

Peanut flavour crisps are the business. I became a big fan of those after visiting Sweden where they are quite rightly very popular. They sell them in Waitrose now too. Bottom row of the "sharing" crisps section, 3rd aisle in just past the fruit and veg. You know where I mean - just past the wines and before the soft drinks aisles.

114281.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here