Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterdays BIG Beer Garden Debate: BOAT vs PLANE.

BOAT vs PLANE

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know if you can actually live on a boat all year round in Brighton Marina? Always seems to me you get a lot of boat for your money, compared to the price of a house. Expect there's a bye-law against it tho eh?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
boat1.jpg

052705_glenns_girls.jpg
boats :clap:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
it's not illegal to be pissed in charge of a boat.

it is illegal to be pissed in charge of a plane.

I think that makes my decision pretty easy.

EXACTLY.

Pissed in charge of boat? You'll probably ground it on the beach after which bootilicous bikini babes drag you to the next playboy party.

Pissed in charge of plane? You'll probably be dead.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anybody know if you can actually live on a boat all year round in Brighton Marina? Always seems to me you get a lot of boat for your money, compared to the price of a house. Expect there's a bye-law against it tho eh?

You can, although the Marina owners try and avoid it if possible.

A friend did just that. Berthing his houseboat cost £450 a month, I think.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
You can get to Guildford by boat... From Brighton Marina, turn left... and keep left through the Strait of Dover, then round Ramsgate, and into the Thames estuary. Cruise on past Sheerness and Gravesend, the Thames Barrier and Millenium Dome/O2 Arena, and on into the London basin. Under Tower Bridge, past Westminster, Battersea, Kew Gardens, Richmond, Hampton Court. At Weybridge, hang a left down the River Wey, and Guildford is only a pleasant cruise, through leafy Surrey. :thumbsup:

I think with your user name you'd be better off with a plane.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Plane you can't carry out maintenance your self, boat you can.

Aircraft fuel is more expensive.

9k for a private pilots licence (if your lucky).

And the fees for flying! Landing costs etc..

So it's a no brainer, I'd have a plane.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can, although the Marina owners try and avoid it if possible.

A friend did just that. Berthing his houseboat cost £450 a month, I think.

Nice one! There's always seems to be a load of fairly substantial looking boats for sale at the marina for under £100K. Add in the berthing costs and its an affordable home. And if you don't like the neighbours you can always move. Literally. :lol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been on a boat when the engine stopped working and I was late for tea. I wouldn't like to be on a plane when the engine stops working.

Boat all the way for me

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Boat for me. You can stand up easier on a boat than a plane. Also a boat you can stop whenever you want...can't really do that in a plane, you need somewhere to land.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Also, you can't say "ooo, the air looks nice, I think I'll stop and go for a fly."

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I too am of the opinion that being pissed is something you can get away with on a boat whereas it's a no no in charge of an aircraft. Also, you're constantly worrying whilst up in the air on a plane because unless you've got a co pilot you can't very easily have a break mid flight. With a boat you can stop anywhere you like and put your feet up with some cold bubbly from the fridge.

However, without wanting to hijack this poll, I wonder how many people's decisions would change if we upped the ante to a choice between a luxury yacht or a private jet with crew?

So you could cut out the worry of having to fly your plane and catch a cozy snooze as you tell your pilot to get you to the Mediterranean for a bit of sunny beach action...

luxury_private_jet.jpg

OR

You could throw unbelievably debauched parties with hookers, cocaine and champagne moored just a little way off the shore of some swanky little party island

The-Streets-of-Monaco-super-yacht-features-go-kart-track...-and-everything-else.jpg

Note: This one even has a go-kart track

Bloody tough one this, although I think the boat still wins it, for being the party AND the destination

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can't swim, so plane for me.
UK weather and boats don't really mix very well for three-quarters of the year.
Fly, with a couple of stop overs to, say Balliarics, Canariies or anywhere round the med - simples ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here