Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterdays BIG Beer Garden Debate: BOAT vs PLANE.

BOAT vs PLANE

• Total voters

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
If you could have a BOAT, nothing too special, something like this:

20touring01.jpg

Or a PLANE, again, nothing too special, something like this:

virus.jpeg

With the instant ability to be able to drive, maintain, etc. such machinery. Which would you choose? Don't just jump in head first though, you have to think about these things. Sure the thought of being able to just jump on a plane and be somewhere exotic, well, more exotic than Shoreham airport is appealing, but the boat offers such relaxation. The ability to just drift out, away from all your troubles, and catch some rays in the most beautiful of surroundings.

Cheers x

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The immediate ownership and instant ability to fly a plane is a no brainer. Any wally can buy and drive a boat.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That is a BLOODY tough question. I think for sheer logistics, the boat has to be the winner - although I would probably opt for something slightly larger than the one above.

Oct 25, 2003
i just think there's something a bit more bond villain/drug dealer about a boat

you can have parties with bikini-clad prostitutes for a start.......

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Tough one, but plane - you arent really limited to where you can go, whereas a boat - you can only go somewhere close to a river/the sea - which is a problem if you wanted to visit Guildford (why you would ive no idea, but just go with it).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whenever I've seen boats for sale, I've never failed to be amazed at just how bloody expensive they are. They just cost far much more than they look like they should.

To even have something relatively modest looking, you really are talking serious amounts of cash.

This 73m bad boy, Mogambo, came into Bristol a week or two ago. £100m apparently. I'll have two then.

mogambo-yacht-4579.jpg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whenever I've seen boats for sale, I've never failed to be amazed at just how bloody expensive they are. They just cost far much more than they look like they should.

To even have something relatively modest looking, you really are talking serious amounts of cash.

This 73m bad boy, Mogambo, came into Bristol a week or two ago. £100m apparently. I'll have two then.

mogambo-yacht-4579.jpg

Boats also cost absolutely shit loads to maintain, definitely a plane for me. Much faster and generally better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're going to do a plane, you really want to do it the John Travolta way.

Travolta%20PlaneHouse-resized-600.jpg

Must narrow down his choices when he looks to move house.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tough one, but plane - you arent really limited to where you can go, whereas a boat - you can only go somewhere close to a river/the sea - which is a problem if you wanted to visit Guildford (why you would ive no idea, but just go with it).

You can get to Guildford by boat... From Brighton Marina, turn left... and keep left through the Strait of Dover, then round Ramsgate, and into the Thames estuary. Cruise on past Sheerness and Gravesend, the Thames Barrier and Millenium Dome/O2 Arena, and on into the London basin. Under Tower Bridge, past Westminster, Battersea, Kew Gardens, Richmond, Hampton Court. At Weybridge, hang a left down the River Wey, and Guildford is only a pleasant cruise, through leafy Surrey. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Got to be the boat for me. Even something modest can be used for both chilling out in the sun or hooning around with the throttles open.
A modest plane on the other hand is not going to turn you into Mavrick or Iceman but more of an ubber geek (see James May).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You can get to Guildford by boat... From Brighton Marina, turn left... and keep left through the Strait of Dover, then round Ramsgate, and into the Thames estuary. Cruise on past Sheerness and Gravesend, the Thames Barrier and Millenium Dome/O2 Arena, and on into the London basin. Under Tower Bridge, past Westminster, Battersea, Kew Gardens, Richmond, Hampton Court. At Weybridge, hang a left down the River Wey, and Guildford is only a pleasant cruise, through leafy Surrey. :thumbsup:

Maybe Woking then ???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have flown many, many times but I don't like it and haven't done it for years, so I'd go with the boat - as long as it was a decent one. I can fly, though, pretty much, I worked on Flight simulators for 6 years and spend loads of hours in cockpits.

A boat would have to be big enough, and comfortable enough to get to, say, the South of France quite happily (so a cross-channel hop would be easy).

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
BOAT... more chilled out... less scarey and can have wicked parties on a boat with scantily clad girlies :clap: *dreams*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here