Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday was probably the most embarrassing day as an Albion supporter

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Every newspaper with sports page headlines along the lines of Liverpool Thrash Brighton; Seagulls Overwhelmed; etc; constant stories about the 3 own-goals; together with photos of Lewis Dunk's own goal juggling act. Impossible to escape the humiliation of it all. In fact I think Dunk's photo was in every single newspaper together with very unflattering tag lines. Hope the lad isn't too depressed.

If we had kept it at 0-3 it would have been acceptable and one own-goal OK.

The good news is that it can surely get no worse than this.

Just hoping that all our loan players haven't decided they're now so embarrassed to be on loan at Brighton that they request an immediate return to their own clubs!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Every newspaper with sports page headlines along the lines of Liverpool Thrash Brighton; Seagulls Overwhelmed; etc; constant stories about the 3 own-goals; together with photos of Lewis Dunk's own goal juggling act. Impossible to escape the humiliation of it all. In fact I think Dunk's photo was in every single newspaper together with very unflattering tag lines. Hope the lad isn't too depressed.

Just hoping that all our loan players haven't decided they're now so embarrassed to be on loan at Brighton that they request an immediate return to their own clubs!

you weren't around for our cup exploits under Brian Clough :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ho hum

Todays news is 2morows chip wrapper.

Yesterdays papers as the Stones song goes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We couldn't have kept it at 3-0. It's in situations like this that you learn to develop a sense of humour.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

The game was never 3-0, we got it back to 1-1.

And it really didn't feel that humiliating, although I did cringe a bit when BBC South news (or whatever it's called now) showed Dunk's OG as I hadn't seen it previously.

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
You obviously didn't go to palace (5-0) if you thought Sunday was bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

No worse than going out of the FA Cup at Anfield after beating Newcastle in the 4th round, being a couple of points off the play-offs in the Championship with a fantastic new stadium, a fantastic up and coming Manager, a fantastic Chairman and the strongest playing squad for two decades?

It can get a lot worse than this.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
More embarrasing than:

Losing at Kingstonian in the Cup?

Losing at home to 9-man Walsall under Mickey Adams II?

Losing 0-4 at home to Walton + Hersham in the Cup?

losing 2-8 at home to Bristol Rovers?

etc. etc.

Get real fella. #FFS

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More embarrasing than:

etc. etc.

Get real fella. #FFS

PG
7-1 to Hudderfield less than 3 years ago

Amexican

May 21, 2011

We shouldn't be so sensitive....anybody understanding football will see this for what it was...a bizarre one-off event...no lasting damage, just a small stumble along a glorious path to future sucess. It will all be forgotten after Hull and ipswich (we hope!)

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Sorry?! The most embarassing day as an an Albion supporter? What, ever?

More embarrasing than being beaten 4-1 at home to Torquay and Darlington at Gillingham (and many more of that ilk)? More embarrasing than that game in 2002 up the road and while we are at it the home game against that lot in September?

I could go on...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
You obviously didn't go to palace (5-0) if you thought Sunday was bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andddddyyyyyy JOOOOHHHHHNNNNNSSSSOOOOONNNNNN

Just seemed like a ground hog day nightmare.... :nono:

and not even a goal to celebrate... Grim

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Oh yeah thanks [MENTION=3545]Peter[/MENTION]Grummitt, defeats to Non League clubs. I would add Sudbury Town and Leatherhead to that list

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Sunday was nowhere NEAR the most embarrassing game. We gave it a go and came up short, nothing embarrassing there. Unlucky with the number of own goals. Gus could have left El-Abd on and we might have only lost 4-1, but what difference does that really make in a cup game? We ended up with 2 at the back and Noone trying to cover left back, and it was only ever going to end in death or glory.

No embarrassment whatsover for me

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes but look at this way. The papers where reporting this is a disaster for us, which tells me we are regarded as a good team.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
More embarrasing than:

etc. etc.

Get real fella. #FFS

PG

The man speaks sense.
How about losing to Sudbury Town on TV - FA Cup

If losing at Anfield is your low point as an Albion fan consider yourself lucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here