Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YESSSSSSSS!! Common sense prevails at last!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We DONT need pride.

WHY? Because Brighton is a very gay friendly town 365 days of the year.

It should now be taken to places that are not gay friendly in order to promote equality.

Afterall thats why it started.

Now its just an excuse for people to litter the park and get off their faces, its little to do with "gay pride" as such. Look its Brighton for f*** sake we have a massive gay community and are well known for it. Start having it at places where there is homophobia.

I agree, completely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
We DONT need pride.

WHY? Because Brighton is a very gay friendly town 365 days of the year.

It should now be taken to places that are not gay friendly in order to promote equality.

Afterall thats why it started.

Now its just an excuse for people to litter the park and get off their faces, its little to do with "gay pride" as such. Look its Brighton for f*** sake we have a massive gay community and are well known for it. Start having it at places where there is homophobia.

IMHO, i don't think this is a valid argument.

pride is a celebration, much like notting hill carnival, it is not irrelevant in brighton.

to use some comparitors against your argument;

we also have a pretty good arts scene too, should we scrap the brighton festival?

maybe edinburgh fringe should move to burnley? east lancashire really struggles on the comedy circuit.

and in regards to your final comment, i believe that there still is a fair bit of homophobia in the city, well, if this forum (being the all-seeing microcosm of brighton society) is anything to go by.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Correct. It dropped 'gay' from its title a number of years back when it also changed from a protest to a celebration. Please keep up.

But why in the most gay friendly place (outside London) in the UK?

And its not now a celebration...thats my point...

Surely now is the time to take it to other places.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But why in the most gay friendly place (outside London) in the UK?

And its not now a celebration...thats my point...

Surely now is the time to take it to other places.

Why?

I can understand folk going round the country and protesting....but as I mention it is not a protest anymore.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
IMHO, i don't think this is a valid argument.

pride is a celebration, much like notting hill carnival, it is not irrelevant in brighton.

to use some comparitors against your argument;

we also have a pretty good arts scene too, should we scrap the brighton festival?

maybe edinburgh fringe should move to burnley? east lancashire really struggles on the comedy circuit.

and in regards to your final comment, i believe that there still is a fair bit of homophobia in the city, well, if this forum (being the all-seeing microcosm of brighton society) is anything to go by.

You dont get people off their faces on class A's or a huge amount of litter or stuff that is not excactly "family/child friendly" in the middle of the afternoon etc...

So what are "we" celebrating exactly?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
You dont get people off their faces on class A's or a huge amount of litter or stuff that is not excactly "family/child friendly" in the middle of the afternoon etc...

So what are "we" celebrating exactly?

litter is inevitable, the council should deal with that more effectively than at present i suppose. write to the argus!

drugs, again, you could say this is a police and security team issue, plus i think it's a little bit easy to tarnish all attendees with the same brush regarding usage ... i'm sure the organisers have a perfectly competent policy and procedure for this.

and, i think it's pretty clear what is being celebrated, that's a naive thing to say.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
the olympics will be good for one place only and that's london. let them get on with it, we've got plenty of good stuff happening in our lovely city as it is thank-you-very-much. don't need to try and hang on the coat tails of the olympics to feel good.

portsmouth on the other hand...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
well they definitely need to review it/stop turning a blind eye because the amount of used needles, empty baggies, empty poppers bottles, used condoms on Preston Park after the event is a bloody disgrace

Litter is inevitable yes

Thank you!

And of course the "activities" that people carry out in public...just because its pride DOES NOT make it right.

And im talking more than just holding hands or snogging.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think it is a good event to promote it, but it now as people have pointed out gone far beyond that, and people seem to bend the rules for one day because they are gay"

Being gay doesnt mean you suddenly have the right to start a BBQ on a bowling green, whilst drinking white lightning and dancing.

Being gay doesnt mean every shop and house can blare out Kylie Minogue as loud as they can out their window without thinking of their their neighbours

Being gay doesnt mean you are allowed to climb on top of cars and jump and dance on the roof and bonnet

Being gay doesnt mean you can get shit faced and shag in the local shrubbery

Police just walkpast and turn a blind eye to it because it gay day. If a group of football fans did it, then there would be police batons, pepper sprays and thousands of arrests

And as for the lesbians who go round suck huge cock lollies - YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE FFS!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I dont live in Brighton so cant comment at the moment, on the litter and public sex people are on about on here. Which if true would offend me even if they were straight.

I do however find it just...... well funny, how can you not laugh at somethings on view.......

Not because im a bigot or anti gay, but its just funny and its meant to be, why else go way over the top......if you dont want a reaction of some kind.

Attachments

• gay%20pride%20parade.jpg
    gay%20pride%20parade.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 51

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here