Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yeovil Town v Haringey Borough F.A.Cup game abandoned.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Pretty crap to use the Kane insult as an example of something that’s as bad as racism to you( your words)

As you’ve said, it doesn’t bother you, therefore neither does racism, which, in some respects makes you an apologist for racism.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Pretty crap to use the Kane insult as an example of something that’s as bad as racism to you( your words)

As you’ve said, it doesn’t bother you, therefore neither does racism, which, in some respects makes you an apologist for racism.

I think its very valid to use insults to Harry Kane as an example. Where did I say racism doesn't bother me? Can you provide me with my quote please?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As per most on here. Express the 'wrong' opinion and the full weight of the NSC liberal elite will insult you for daring to do so.

That is sort of how it works everywhere. Express the "wrong" opinion in a bubble with people like you and you get the same type of response as doing it in a bubble of "liberal" people. Not saying its ideal but its not about political stance, people in general are just infuriated when other people dont share their views.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm there to watch a football match not to act as a moral arbiter.

What would you have done? Would you have 'reported it to the nearest steward' ?

If I heard something racist I would report it. It was you that claimed that insult against Kane was as bad as racism. So as you wouldn't report something as bad we can deduce that you wouldn't report racist chanting. Hence you condone racists by your inaction and thus you are a racist.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I think its very valid to use insults to Harry Kane as an example. Where did I say racism doesn't bother me? Can you provide me with my quote please?

It’s a beautiful day out there Beachy, log off and get some fresh air and stop wasting your life on here engaged in teenage squabbling. You’re old enough and better than that. Do it now.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
It’s a beautiful day out there Beachy, log off and get some fresh air and stop wasting your life on here engaged in teenage squabbling. You’re old enough and better than that. Do it now.

Nah I love a squabble on here. Love winding up the NSC trendy liberal elite. They are so funny, dare to disagree and they resort to insults.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
That is sort of how it works everywhere. Express the "wrong" opinion in a bubble with people like you and you get the same type of response as doing it in a bubble of "liberal" people. Not saying its ideal but its not about political stance, people in general are just infuriated when other people dont share their views.

I don't resort to insults when people disagree with me. Although I did call HT a 'hypocrite.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
If I heard something racist I would report it. It was you that claimed that insult against Kane was as bad as racism. So as you wouldn't report something as bad we can deduce that you wouldn't report racist chanting. Hence you condone racists by your inaction and thus you are a racist.

Would you have reported 'harry kane he talks like a mong?' If not why not?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

You can 'deduce' all you like mate but the inescapable fact is I have not said one racist thing on this thread (or any others) and indeed I said early on in this 'I agree (racism) is wrong. But dare to 'sail a bit too close to the wind' on the racism debate and you get called a racist.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
What would you do if you heard 'Harry Kane he talks like a mong' as was heard at the Amex when we played Spurs? Deeply offensive to Harry Kane and to me as bad as racism.

I'm a bit precious here, but I find the use of the word "mong" as an insult offensive, not just to Harry Kane but to a specific group of people. In the 1960s the word spastic was used in a similar way equally offensive in my view.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Both sides of people's arguments here are intriguing.

Those who say it could easily have been dealt with by Stewards or the so called 99% of "upstanding Yeovil fans"

It wasn't being dealt with by them. And during this time the Harringey Keeper. What about his feelings. What's he supposed to do ? Grin and bear it ?

His team mates did the right thing in walking off. Good for them

They showed all these Multi Million Pound Organisations what should be done.

They showed more balls and more of a fighting stance against Racism in 90 minutes than EUEAFA or the Multi Million Pound earning players have done in 30 years. Well done the Harringey Players

I agree, I I fully support, no I would encourage and applaud any team that walked off in the face of such nonsense. It is a massive shame that it takes the players to do this rather than those in charge of the game taking the lead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nah I love a squabble on here. Love winding up the NSC trendy liberal elite. They are so funny, dare to disagree and they resort to insults.

Do you really truly believe you’re winding people up? If anything it’s the reverse. You are too predictable and posters play you like a rubber ball. I don’t think you’re clever enough to realise this.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I'm a bit precious here, but I find the use of the word "mong" as an insult offensive, not just to Harry Kane but to a specific group of people. In the 1960s the word spastic was used in a similar way equally offensive in my view.

Well it was loud and clear at the Amex two weeks ago but amazingly not a peep on NSC. Perhaps condemning it doesn't afford the opportunity for people to showcase their 'right on' credentials the way racism does. Just a thought. You would've thought any abuse should be 'reported to the nearest steward' whether it's racism or any other form of discrimination. Would I report it? No. But plenty of others will 'scream for a policeman' though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here