Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Town FC Vs Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Thread***

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Have to say that I think the sign of a decent manager is one who changes things when a team are under pressure. Obviously I'm not there but it sounds pretty clear they have been all over us second half and it was only a matter of time.

Which begs the question, why didn't Slade make changes?

Easy - he's not a decent manager. Time to get Coppell in I think.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some draws you can walk away thinking that was a well earned point.

Some how though this feels like a lost 2 points more than a good point.

Oh well, such is life, bring on the next game!

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Player Ratings ????

so what do we think....:down:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bloody pissed off at the moment, should easily be winning games like that no matter what our record is. To me, the fact we havent won there or whatever shouldnt effect todays result, the game is about which team plays best, not some shitty "record".
Sorry but to lose a 2 goal lead to that pile of shite is very poor, and no more can we use the gelling excuse or any other excuse really! That yeovil team were missing there best players, even nathan jones gets in their bloody starting 11

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only 2 games left for RS , if we dont get 4 points out of 6 , TB will give him the bullet.

Miserable bastard.

We've been absolutely bloody mugged, again, I'm gutted. We don't deserve to be 21st, anyone who has seen us play knows we are better than the league suggests and the results will come, with patience. We're improving game by game, we've scored 2 good goals from the sounds of it and that shows improvement.
:albion2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bloody pissed off at the moment, should easily be winning games like that no matter what our record is. To me, the fact we havent won there or whatever shouldnt effect todays result, the game is about which team plays best, not some shitty "record".
Sorry but to lose a 2 goal lead to that pile of shite is very poor, and no more can we use the gelling excuse or any other excuse really! That yeovil team were missing there best players, even nathan jones gets in their bloody starting 11

I've no doubt that we would have lost today if Yeovil had had a full strength squad. What the f**k is happening at our club??

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We should be winning games like that if we fancy ourselves for mid table let alone top 6, we cant blame it all on the the refereeing decision and im 'eager' to see how he explains this one away

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have to say that I think the sign of a decent manager is one who changes things when a team are under pressure. Obviously I'm not there but it sounds pretty clear they have been all over us second half and it was only a matter of time.

Which begs the question, why didn't Slade make changes?

He did. He brought on Glenn "scores a goal every other game, though has made five appearances this season and is still goalless" Murray, and Dean "always turns games wen he comes on" Cox. Couldn't you tell?

We *never* get anything from Huish park, bloody place.

And last july we never got anything from Crewe. These sorts of trivia are trotted out as an excuse. If we won, we'd say were due. It's a nonsense fact and means nothing. How many of the team played there last year? How many played there the time before that, or before that? It's a crutch.

If your one of these people complaining then please f*** off, am i correct in saying its our first point at Yeovil ever?

Oh do give over. We are allowed to complain. We were 2-0 up, against a team at the wrong end of the table, with five first teamers off on international duty, and we went missing in the second half. There is every reason to complain.

*I'm still not in the Slade out camp, but that was a massive disappointment, and is the sort of situation where we should complain.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We are on course for League 2 at this rate and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I've heard enough of the "performances are much better than last season" crap 'cos the results say otherwise. Over 12 games stats don't lie.

We haven't even played any of the top teams yet.

This season gets more depressing each week.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
2-2. It's shag wankin disaster. I'm not confident about Tuesday night either. And my mate at work is a Gills fan. I'll be fooked if we carry on with our tremendous home form and lose to that lot. Oh well, only one thing for it. I'm gonna get shit-faced this evening.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Miserable bastard.

We've been absolutely bloody mugged, again, I'm gutted. We don't deserve to be 21st, anyone who has seen us play knows we are better than the league suggests and the results will come, with patience. We're improving game by game, we've scored 2 good goals from the sounds of it and that shows improvement.

Mugged?! Did you see/listen to/read that second half? We invited them on and lost discipline. We didn't get mugged we didn't deserve the win on that second half performance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Mugged?! Did you see/listen to/read that second half? We invited them on and lost discipline. We didn't get mugged we didn't deserve the win on that second half performance.

Yes, I listened to the same you did. We woz mugged, again. Penalty toward the end, the only suprise is that it wasn't in the 90th minute.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Miserable bastard.

We've been absolutely bloody mugged, again, I'm gutted. We don't deserve to be 21st, anyone who has seen us play knows we are better than the league suggests and the results will come, with patience.

Not sure how you can say we were "mugged again"...?

We had 39% possession, Yeovil had 61%.

Yeovil had 10 shots.........we had 7.

Yeovil had 6 corners....we had 4.

The only thing we did more than Yeovil was concede 26 free-kicks as opposed to yeovil, who conceded 11.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, I listened to the same you did. We woz mugged, again. Penalty toward the end, the only suprise is that it wasn't in the 90th minute.

I admire your positive outlook, but they pretty much pinned us back in that second half, our players lost discipline and it sounded like their penalty was more deserved than the freekick that led to our second goal.

We did nothing to take control of the game in the second half, so can't complain that with all their pressure and possession in the second half they got something out of it and given that no way can anyone call that result a mugging.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing get a grip, 2-2 away from home isn't a disaster.

I see the usual tossers have already started 3 separate threads saying how shit we are, even though none of them went to the game.

It's our home form that is a disaster, it is the stupid defensive lapses that have cost us points but overall performances since Millwall away have been somewhere between ok and good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I admire your positive outlook, but they pretty much pinned us back in that second half, our players lost discipline and it sounded like their penalty was more deserved than the freekick that led to our second goal.

We did nothing to take control of the game in the second half, so can't complain that with all their pressure and possession in the second half they got something out of it and given that no way can anyone call that result a mugging.

Look, with respect, when you're listening to a match on the radio, whenever the opposition have the ball it feels like you're under pressure and you feel like they're all over us. But in reality, I don't remember Michel Kuipers having had too many saves to make and I can't recall any quality saves that they've been talking about in the commentary there. If they'd scored a goal from open play, or even a corner/free kick then fair enough... but they've got a penalty kick with 10 minutes left... to me that feels like a mugging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here