Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Game Could Be Off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good. That's one shit away game I hope we never have to play again. Let's just forget it for this year and say 1 point each. Deal?
Excellent shout.
Anything to stop us having to travel to that drab little shithole in the middle of nowhere. Plus no bans picked up courtesy of their diving cheats. I'd take that deal like a SHOT.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent shout.
Anything to stop us having to travel to that drab little shithole in the middle of nowhere. Plus no bans picked up courtesy of their diving cheats. I'd take that deal like a SHOT.

Yeovil is very much the Luton of the South West. However last season we went drinking in Sherborne pre-match and got a cab to take us there from the ground post game and it was not a bad day out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeovil is very much the Luton of the South West. However last season we went drinking in Sherborne pre-match and got a cab to take us there from the ground post game and it was not a bad day out.

We were in the carpark and it took the best part of an hour to get out again, after a crowd of about 5k.

I've got away from Wembley in a fraction of the time.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

There's still the problem of getting from Yeovil back to the station 5 miles away in minibus size buses. Unless the Laird and Doc hi-jack one you're stranded in Somerset's driest town.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Yeovil would have to be staging the World Cup Final to tempt me back there.
And then only if I had free tickets.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just me that quite enjoys it then? Lovely countryside, nice terrace, not tooooo far.

And the away fans drinking area out back aswell. :thumbsup:

I thought it was quite a nice trip last year, not the classiest of places I've visted away, but it was ok. Shame about the result though, we clearly deserved to win that match.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
This is the problem. The ground itself, and the away terrace, are both fine. The lack of roof means most of the atmosphere is lost, but beyond that it's a pretty standard ground I have no problems with.

Where it becomes an absolute f***ing SCENE is access to and from it. I've driven all three times we've played there and, without fail, have sat in the roads around the ground for up to an hour each time. I've not been by train, but people on here have said the station isn't even near Yeovil/the ground. Who the hell planned that then? A train station not even close to the town it takes its name from. INBRED. The sooner Yeovil disappear back to non-league where a club of that stature really should be the better.

Strange as it's never taken me more than about 15 mins to get away at full time

Spoon

May 31, 2009
SAKE

Oh well. Its not like I was ever going to visit that poxy place again anyway. Worst away trip EVER.

I think Yeovil would have to be staging the World Cup Final to tempt me back there.
And then only if I had free tickets.

So the jury is still out on Yeovil then?:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here