Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yellow carded players on the big screen

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Initially I thought this would be a good idea - but surely if its obvious who's
on yellow etc - then (cynically) players might use that info. to target opposing players to get them sent off?

Or have I just got an evil mind.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
on yellow etc - then (cynically) players might use that info. to target opposing players to get them sent off?

I'm pretty sure if you're a player, you know who if who you are facing is on a yellow or not, that is why a referee shows a card, so everyone else knows

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure if you're a player, you know who if who you are facing is on a yellow or not, that is why a referee shows a card, so everyone else knows
Exactly, also most stadiums have a screen that shows the yellow carded players and know one has pointed this problem out anywhere else

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm pretty sure that they'll know who has been booked regardless of the big screen. Do you also think that they wouldn't know the score without the aid of the screen?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Maybe we could only show the yellows that our opponents have received. We don't want to rule out the possibility of someone doing a Graham Poll to one of our players.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe we could only show the yellows that our opponents have received. We don't want to rule out the possibility of someone doing a Graham Poll to one of our players.

I really really hope they have this ready for the first opponent to be sent off

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A striker will know if their opposing defenders have been booked, and vice versa. Same with midfielders, they will know if their direct rival in the centre of the park has picked up a booking. And if they don't their manager should let them know as it common sense for attacking players to go after defenders who have been booked.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I really really hope they have this ready for the first opponent to be sent off

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

Excellent!

Or a version of that miserable looking yellow duck, the Aussies have shuffling across the screen after a batsmen is out for nought.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You could tell the whole yellow cards system broke down onthe big screen on Tues. It had some Gillingham players names still in WHITE. Sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here