[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This feels like a high price, but hey, I suspect the days of us sneaking in to a cheap deal are largely behind us.... successful trading has its price.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wow. Excellent news to wake up to on Monday morning.

Definitely stepping up our game in the recruitment department with another £30m splash of the cash.

Get in there

:bloom:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Promising player for the academy. A loan back to Holland for another year or two probably as will be the case with Osman I reckon.
We’ll see. Why would the club spend that amount of dosh on a player to ship him out on loan? Surely Minteh and Osman will be in the first team squad?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
3-4-3 isn't played with three central players up front. Or very unusually at least. Think we've done it once in five years with Connolly, Welbeck and Maupay all starting against Liverpool in 2020. But normally you want wingers in a 3-4-3.
Thanks for trying to teach me how to tie my shoe laces. The next time I’m in need of some basic tactical explanation, I’ll definitely come to either you or Southgate.

There are multiple ways to play with 3 at the back, and multiple ways to configure the front 2 or 3 positions, as we’ve seen at the Euros alone with Germany, for example, who play with a false 9 and 2x roving 10s. Switzerland offer another alternative. Southgate offered another in extra time last night…

Basically, I’m glad that we’re planning to have wingers in our system rather than going back to Potter’s version of 3 at the back, which was incredibly narrow.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
We spent £20m on Osman and he went off on loan.
I don’t think he did. If I remember correctly the agreement was that he signed for us after the end of the January transfer window so he would not be permitted to play/join until the 1st July. We nicked him from under the noses of West Ham who were quibbling about his transfer fee and missed the boat entirely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here