Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A possible record signing at 1am with no fanfare, we are a strange club at the moment.
……….or simply completed very late yesterday with few or none of the people around needed to create the ‘fanfare’, but club wanted to get the news out. More to follow I would think. We are a strange fanbase at the moment :smile: :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
……….or simply completed very late yesterday with few or none of the people around needed to create the ‘fanfare’, but club wanted to get the news out. More to follow I would think. We are a strange fanbase at the moment :smile: :shrug:
Makes perfect sense to me simply because people knew this deal had be done by midnight last night.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or we have one strange troll who stayed up to 1am to tell everyone how disappointed he was.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’ll always get excited by speedy wingers being signed. I do find it a strange one based on all we’ve heard about our new manager playing 3 at the back, but maybe this signals his desire to play with proper wingers still. If so, I’m totally in.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’ll always get excited by speedy wingers being signed. I do find it a strange one based on all we’ve heard about our new manager playing 3 at the back, but maybe this signals his desire to play with proper wingers still. If so, I’m totally in.
3-4-3 isn't played with three central players up front. Or very unusually at least. Think we've done it once in five years with Connolly, Welbeck and Maupay all starting against Liverpool in 2020. But normally you want wingers in a 3-4-3.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The club didn't need to announce at 1am though. I'm not moaning I'm just saying it's odd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope this is a good move. The Athletic article suggests from this from Lyon rumours

• Minteh was seen as part of the solution for weeks, but Lyon’s £40m offer led to Newcastle holding out for that valuation, despite the player being reluctant to move and the club aggressively attempting to convince him to’

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club didn't need to announce at 1am though. I'm not moaning I'm just saying it's odd.
I don’t think it is…….they know we’ve got a whiny, impatient cohort of bedwetters desperate for news, any news, on signings. If they’d waited until later today or tomorrow (when we’ll probably get an interview and the usual other stuff) people would have been complaining that it wasn’t announced earlier. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
According to the Athletic it seems we were also interested in Anderson and both Everton and Chelsea were after Minteh

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Well either you announce it or you have dozens of journalists calling you in the morning and probably a few thousand incontinent-born fans flooding social media with doom, tears and piss.
If Minteh wasn't announced last night we would already have seen five or six posts in this thread wondering if "the club failed again!!!" etc. The club is probably well aware that the human species is a sad, sad lot, and they have to act accordingly to avoid a bunch of extra hassle.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I was still up, but I didn't see the email drop in my inbox at 00:49 embargoing the story release until...00:50!

So it was a surprise to see it there this morning!

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 08.37.20.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here