Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yanks murder on camera.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think this will cause some heated debate. Just seen an unarmed, wounded Iraqi murdered by some US Marine. Shocking.

We've got to make a stand against this.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
smudge said:
I think this will cause some heated debate. Just seen an unarmed, wounded Iraqi murdered by some US Marine. Shocking.

We've got to make a stand against this.
Was just going to post exactly the same thing. *****. Could clearly hear the wanker going "He is now!" when asked whether the unarmed, injured Iraqi was dead. :angry: :angry:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Re: Re: Yanks murder on camera.

eastlondonseagull said:
Was just going to post exactly the same thing. *****. Could clearly hear the wanker going "He is now!" when asked whether the unarmed, injured Iraqi was dead. :angry: :angry:

That was another one mate. This one they couldn't show the actual shooting as it was deemed too disturbing. The bloke was still breathing, the septic shouts, "He's faking his death!" Then he shoots him & says, "He's dead now!" WTF???

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
If some of your friends had been shot dead the day before you might view it differently. Besides, the Iraqis don't play by the rules and he could easily have had a grenade. It was the same in WW2 when the US took the Japenese Islands. You then end up fighting them on their level.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Well, if you murder someone in front of a camera, I don't think you can use any of that, "War's a terrible thing...." as a defence.

BTW, when I said "we've" got to make a stand against this, I meant our govt. Wishful thinking me thinks.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In war, what is murder and what is self defence?
Isn't it a case of kill or be killed for both sides.

PS I'm not condoning war, nor am I a pacifist. It would be nice if we could all live together in peaceful harmony - sadly we can't.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I didn't see it but from what smudge has said the guy was unarmed. The Geneva convention states that if the 'enemy' is unarmed then they should be taken prisoner not shot or killed in any other way.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Sadly as I said earlier the Iraqis do not go by The Geneva convention and so the US troops will not take chances. Not good but a fact. We can all say how we should do it from the comfort of our lounge but we are not the ones with our nerves shot to bits as well as our mates.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
No matter what the circumstances behind it, shooting of unarmed persons can not be excused.
War is war, I can appreciate it's not nice but come on...on camera:ohmy:
At least do it quick without a commentary.

The Lancet produced a report a couple weeks ago estimating that 100,000 Iraqi civilians had died as a consequence of the Allied invasion.

Even official figures produced last month by the Allies show that two-thirds of the deaths of Iraq non-combatants are from US attacks, one-third by the insurgents.

Last edited:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
London Irish said:
The Lancet produced a report a couple weeks ago estimating that 100,000 Iraqi civilians had died as a consequence of the Allied invasion.

How the hell would they now anything about that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Suicide bombers do not have banners on top of their heads saying, hey I'm a suicide bomber, I look like I am unarmed ( although I have 25 lbs of high explosives under my clothes out of sight ) , I wear civilian clothes as I do not play by the rules of war, I am determined to die and I am determined to take as many of you feckers as I can.

I cannot comment as I do not know the circumstances of the actions prior to him being shot but its not as black and white as you make out I am sure.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In a them or us situation, who wouldn't look after No.1?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dougdeep, morning earlybird :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just seen the footage. It was in a Mosque which had been the subject of fierce resistance and prolonged gunfire 1 day ago. The troops where going into the Mosque and several men where lying on the floor under blankets it appears. One of them is beathing and the squaddie shot him.

This is clearly wrong but A. He could have had a gun hidden quite easily, B. The squaddie has been shot in the gunfight prior to this, C. Who knows the state of young mens minds when they have bullets flying by the ears and their friends are being shot and killed

As usual the BBC put the anti USA slant on it.

The poster showed his true colours in the title of the post , Yank, this is a deameaning phrase for the USA.

I firmly believe the wast majority of USA troops are following the rules which is more than the vast majority of the insurgents are. As usual the anti USA people will use this as a big stick to hit them with but lets get things in perspective.

Noone on here has the first idea of what these troops had been through for the last 72 hours , get back to your typing about the game on Saturday and make yourself a nice cup of tea.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
If you want to 'make a stand against this' use your vote come the next general election. You are wasting your time berating the armed forces. They shouldn't even be there! Iraq didn't destroy the WTC. Saudi's did. Iraq just happen to have alot of oil.

Sorry but i watched Farenheit 9/11 last night. Truly disturbing about the long business relationships between the Bush's and the Saudi's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here