Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Y viva Espana

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Everyone is asking where Dick Tight is but a little bird tells me his enjoying his Saga holiday to Spain so much he alledgedly is thinking about moving out to a nice OAP's complex there permanently.
Where this would leave the club who knows ? Unless he is intending to rack up the airmiles with Easyjet but then again would a mid week game against Hartlepool in November tempt him back from the Costa del Sol ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
BBC Breaking News..

Ronaldo turns down a loan move to Brighton as he does'nt feel he could do the club justice playing at left back.

Chairman Dick Knight refused to coment yet again.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I hope he does return for his hols this afternoon as I have invited him on the phone-in after 5, clearly a number of questions need answering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said:
I hope he does return for his hols this afternoon as I have invited him on the phone-in after 5, clearly a number of questions need answering.

Bet it's a no show.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Unless he is intending to rack up the airmiles with Easyjet but then again would a mid week game against Hartlepool in November tempt him back from the Costa del Sol ?

Easyjet don't do airmiles - Ernest tell a lie :ohmy:

Last edited:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Harty, can't you get McGhee on a mid-week "special", as clearly after a game passion is running high, maybe when we have all calmed down a bit we can be more constructive?

Also, I just wish AH was a bit less accepting of McGhee on the post match interview, after all we all see the games and know that on ocassions McGhee talks bollocks about the performance.

Keep up the good work, fingers crossed for today.

Frutos is 22-1!!!!

:drink:

Keep the faith........

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Personally with all due respect to DK I'd probably get a more objective view from MM.
If the chairman does show this pm have a spread bet on the phrases 'remember Hereford', 'look how far we have come' and punching above our weight, cropping up at some time.
Dick Knight is a legend, pure and simple, but we cannot live on what has gone on before at this club forever, we have to move forward and look to the future, and part of that future is staying in this League, which I believe we can still do.:albion:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By saying nothing on the lack of movement in the transfer market and leaving the manager working with one hand tied behind his back means MM is becoming the scapegoat for the results. DK needs to reiterate his backing of his manager in view of the gathering unrest, be it justified or not. Spread the taking of the flak DK and do this show.

I back both of them btw

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
yep, those days are gone and as far as i'm concerned we are no longer punching above our weight and should no longer be considered underdogs.

There is a reason we can't atttract good quality players to the club and i don't believe it's due to the lack of funds, stadium and facilities etc, as previous managers have managed to get in some great talent in the same (and worse) situations.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Todays Argus has McGhee thanking Dick for all his help, he says he couldn't have done more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
Todays Argus has McGhee thanking Dick for all his help, he says he couldn't have done more.

Except stick his head above the parapet during tough times on the field. If he wasn't so quick to take the plaudits I'd say nothing

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
magoo said:
yep, those days are gone and as far as i'm concerned we are no longer punching above our weight and should no longer be considered underdogs.

There is a reason we can't atttract good quality players to the club and i don't believe it's due to the lack of funds, stadium and facilities etc, as previous managers have managed to get in some great talent in the same (and worse) situations.

Sorry; I can't agree with that. Most of the dibs in the last 2 years have gone on trying to get Falmer and expand Withdean; which when you think of it is money lost when we move. Consequently we can't afford many decent players and they are put off. If they weren't why would managers keep walking away?

The one thing I would agree with is that it IS important DK starts being public about the situation. We've been threatened with relegation before but for the first time since the Archer era ended the club seems to have become an utter shambles :-

- falling out between Managers and players
- chaotic team selection
- arguably poor communication over seating arrangements
- messages about signings in the transfer window which bear no relation to reality
- releasing players out on loan on an average of almost one a week

Ultimately the buck stops with the Chairman and whilst I personally still back him (sure he's really relieved to hear that !:) ) he needs to be a bit more overtly engaged than he has been of late. I'm sure he IS engaged, but he needs to be a bit more public and there are some questions that need answering. Most obviously:-

a) what the f*** is going on ?
b) what are you doing about it?

Brighton4eva

Jan 18, 2006
Exiled in Portsmouth
One of the biggest questions I have at the moment is:

Why does it appear that every one is leaving the club at the time when we need them most. We are in a battle and need all hands on deck - so to speak.

We cannot rely on a bunch of 17 - 18 year old kids to get us the points we need to stay up. As good as they are they are no match for seasoned professionals.

The way it looks at the moment we will not have a squad left to put on the field by the end of the month.

Are we still trying to get in a couple of loans or have we given up trying

The second question:

Where is Insider?

I think both DK and MM are doing a brilliant job as are the team.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It has been half term holiday this week.
Lots of people have been away for a few days.
I don't know, just guessing this applies to staff at the club as well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will leave the phone in today for you lot as I wont be there thjis afternoon !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here