Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Y is the Left so silent on ZIMBABWE.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Hydrogen engines are still not brilliant for car use. The other problem is that getting hydrogen from water requires huge amounts of electrical energy.

Most of our electricity is obtained by burning oil and gas.

Back to square one!

Actually, it's not quite that bad. Hydrogen fuel probably IS the way forward, especially as burning it produces pure water. There is still a LOT of work to be done though.

Fair enough but again why are we not using more solar/wind/wave power for electricity?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Why ?? When i worked in Reading we were right near the Madjeski stadium and the 120' wind turbine there wasn't even really noticable either in noise or views!

After the initial "f*** me that's huge" 5 mins later had totally forgotten it.

Better than a nuclear power station next door!!!!!!!!!

Why ?? When i worked in Reading we were right near the Madjeski stadium and the 120' wind turbine there wasn't even really noticable either in noise or views!

After the initial "f*** me that's huge" 5 mins later had totally forgotten it.

Better than a nuclear power station next door!!!!!!!!!

Think about Glyndebourne.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I was only stating a case about one small wind turbine to your "Why (Nimbys)? ... "

I just don't get it though??? Anything that improves this country in the smallest of ways can only be a good thing.

Same as the stadium why? A.O.N.B. my arse it's a f***ing ploughed field beside two unis and a main trunk road:tosser:

Improve this country now NIMBYS

Last edited:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Erm Honda are already mass producing them. All going to America to trial first

Honda FCX Clarity - Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle - Official Web Site

The Clarity is a fuel cell vehicle. It's basically an electric car that uses hydrogen to charge the battery. It doesn't have a hydrogen combustion engine.

The biggest problem with current hydrogen cars is that they're more harmful to the environment than petrol cars because of the energy used to make the hydrogen.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The Clarity is a fuel cell vehicle. It's basically an electric car that uses hydrogen to charge the battery. It doesn't have a hydrogen combustion engine.

The biggest problem with current hydrogen cars is that they're more harmful to the environment than petrol cars because of the energy used to make the hydrogen.

:thud::shrug: this is 2008 FFS how come we haven't sorted this out by now?? I mean look at the breakthroughs we made 50 years ago to 100 years ago we are slowing down in the brain dept

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Think offshore where wind is stronger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and where there is an ecosystem to destroy. You then also have to get the power from the offshore site to the land. Not to mention the problems of maintaining the turbines in the middle of the Sea.

You're problem atm, is that you're trying to find simple answers to a complex problem. If it was really that easy, don't you think they would have done it by now?

The real answer lies in a combination of solutions, no one solution will do it by itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here