Votes: 32 72.7%
  • New years eve

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Normal only go out on New Years Eve these days because of the kids hence I have voted for that. However before I had children I used to prefer Christmas Eve. It was all about the night out rather then the 10 minutes either side of midnight.

Regina_George

Is butter a carb? :P
Aug 17, 2009
Brighton
Christmas eve for me, never enjoyed new years apart from when I was little and it was all about going round a families house letting off party poppers when the countdown was over.. but now I'm an old fart I either go see a couple of friends or just go bed on new years eve..

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
New Years Eve is over rated. Its the SAME as any other night, except for a 10 second countdown. You are expected to do something, then get charged twice as much for everything from entry to drinks to taxi's home.

Christmas Eve is where its at, even going to pubs and clubs is better as it remains at normal prices. Just the taxi ride home is dearer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I prefer Christmas Eve, mainly cos I've got about 10 days hols in front of me.
New Years Eve should be good this year though. Out for a chink with a few friends early evening, then back to mine for a few drinkies and some roasted chestnuts on my CHIMNEA.
Lovely.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I prefer Christmas Eve, mainly cos I've got about 10 days hols in front of me.
New Years Eve should be good this year though. Out for a chink with a few friends early evening, then back to mine for a few drinkies and some roasted chestnuts on my CHIMNEA.
Lovely.

Racist. :angry:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
easily xmas eve..nye is horribly overrated,clubs charge you at least double for entry and drinks,it takes ages to get served at pubs/clubs..there are tonnes of knob-heads out that cant handle their drink and tonnes of 'one drink a year' people also. maybe im just bitter as iv never had a decent nye out in town out of 4 or 5 attempts.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ooh good topical thread. When I was a kid obviously Christmas Eve was the most magical night of the year, then when I was a young man I MUCH preferred New Year's Eve. Now I'm a cynical, world-weary miserable old git I've reverted to childhood and I much prefer Christmas Eve. Indeed I'd go as far as to say I hate NYE; all that hanging around until midnight and for what? To 'celebrate' the fact that the calendar has advanced and you're another year nearer death.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Witch is your fav night out over the festive season? Xmas eve for me i hate new years eve!

'Witch' is your favourite....suppose it should be Halloween really!!
I prefer Christmas Eve.Can't stand New Years Eve....don't actually know why ;I even went to bed early on 31/12 1999!!:ohmy::down:

Oct 25, 2003
new years is so overrated it's untrue...........it's a right crock of shit, town is always full of dicks....PAYING to get into a PUB which is f***ing packed anyway

what's the point?

xmas eve is nice for going to the pub, always a good atmosphere cos none of the dickheads are out

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You miserable sod !!:lolol::lolol:
I know, I know, it's being so cheerful what keeps me goin'. Actually for the last few years we've been going to a party at a friend's house down the road. It's ok and it means we don't have to walk back home through hoards of pissed-up twats. Before that however, when the kids were younger, there were years when I used to go to bed by about 11:30

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Xmas eve in a friendly local is always better than NYE in my estimation. Be a few people round a mates for New Years Eve, can't bear spending NYE in pubs anymore for all the reasons mentioned above.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
New Years Eve for me. I have worked every NYE for six years, you get paid double time (£200 for the night in my case), still get pissed, get loads of drinks bought for you and then you can go to parties afterwards when all the lightweight, one drink a year folk have gone home, winner all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here