Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Eve or New Years Eve

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Which do you prefer as the better night out?

Personally i've always had a great time on Xmas eve, good atmosphere no rip off prices etc everyone out for a good time and a lot less tosser in town than on New Year.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Christmas Eve for me, New Years Eve tends to be a let down nowadays.

On Christmas Eve the feeling that you are getting too old for crimbo leaves you and it all seems magical again.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
new years eve

because i'm not working !

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Totally agree xmas eve is different class in town and a great atmosphere in clubs. The only problem is it is packed so have to get in there early to get completely smashed.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Christmas eve, bit of shopping in the morning then meet the boys for lunch and getting drunk starts in earnest !!

News Years is awalys a bit of a mare really whilst spending most of the night getting busses and cabs around trying to keep everyone happy !!!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Christmas Eve for me. Finish work at 3.30 and then pile down the pub for the rest of the day / night. :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
redland said:
Christmas eve, bit of shopping in the morning then meet the boys for lunch and getting drunk starts in earnest !!

News Years is awalys a bit of a mare really whilst spending most of the night getting busses and cabs around trying to keep everyone happy !!!

How true plus the pubs seem to shut between 5pm and 7pm scuppering your afternoon mid flow, then all the anticipation is never met by the reality.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Can't be doing with all this Xmas bull no more!!
Two faced bullshit!!

:censored:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Christmas Eve, no question. Chilled, everybody in a good mood, nice atmosphere, not as heaving busy as New Year etc. :smokin: :drink:

By contrast I f***ing hate New Year's Eve. £50-£60 to get into a club, eight deep at the bar, punch ups etc. And I just can't see what's to get excited about....it's like going out on a Monday and getting steaming pissed 'coz on the stroke of midnight it becomes TUESDAY! Yaay! I just can't see it meself....

Last edited:

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Christmas eve is always my favourite!

It snowed in Lewes on Christmas eve in about 98 and I was absolutely hammered and got involved in a massive snowball fight outside the pub, marvellous scenes!

This Christmas eve is my last day at work, so should be extra massive piss up! :drink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
christmas eve without a shadow of a doubt, the buzz, excitement and atmosphere, everyone (almost!) is in a good mood,

NYE is just a nightmare usually, everyone just wants to rip you off!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christmas Eve, every time, because

(1) finish work early
(2) prospect of presents next day
(3) everyone generally in good spirits
(4) not so expensive to go out, get in anywhere, get taxis etc
(5) it's Christmas Day the next day, which still leaves 2 more bank holidays over the next week or so
(6) Don't usually work between Christmas and NY, whereas most people go back on the day after NY Day.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
New years eve no doubt as xmas eve here seems dead as everyone has spent there money etc.
Never seen it busy xmas eve although it may improve this year.:drink: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here