Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox360 or PS3?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Wrong.
360 looks better cos the ps3 versions of multilatform games are always straight ports from the 360 as they dont have the time to properly code the same game on 2 differet consoles. Once the programmers have got their head round the sheer intricacy of the ps3 and start making corss platforms games with the ps3 in mind (instead of having to make a schedule), they will be able to make games that will look almost twice as good as anything on the xbox360......

not that im biased or anything! :laugh:

But pretty much every game looks better on 360? (very marginally admittedly..)

Anyway, it's a pointless arguement, but my original one isn't - on my 360 every game is FREE!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I was looking into joining this 'club'.

I was put off by a few people saying that they had been banned from 'online gaming' by Microsoft.

Is that still a possibility?

It's definitely a possibility, but pretty damn rare. I'm online all the time, and I don't know anyone who's actually got banned, just online rumours.

Just need to make sure anything you play is patched correctly and burnt properly.

It's easy to do yourself, but I got some chap to do it for me for £20. The new Liteon drives that are in all the 360's sold at the mo has just been hacked also, the firmware to flash that is released on xmas eve.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's definitely a possibility, but pretty damn rare. I'm online all the time, and I don't know anyone who's actually got banned, just online rumours.

Just need to make sure anything you play is patched correctly and burnt properly.

It's easy to do yourself, but I got some chap to do it for me for £20. The new Liteon drives that are in all the 360's sold at the mo has just been hacked also, the firmware to flash that is released on xmas eve.

Cheers.

Will look a bit more closely at this then. :)

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
But pretty much every game looks better on 360? (very marginally admittedly..)

Anyway, it's a pointless arguement, but my original one isn't - on my 360 every game is FREE!

no you are right, im just thinking/hoping soon the graphics on the ps3 will eclipse the 360 once they have figured out how to best use the ps3's system/taken thumb out of ass

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
no you are right, im just thinking/hoping soon the graphics on the ps3 will eclipse the 360 once they have figured out how to best use the ps3's system/taken thumb out of ass

By which time the New xbox will be out:lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers.

Will look a bit more closely at this then. :)
Bloody hard to get banned so there's nothing to worry about.One guy i played online with from the states hated his user name and wanted it changed.He sent private messages to loads of users asking them to report him.Finally he got banned and then hejust signed up again with a new user name.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Bloody hard to get banned so there's nothing to worry about.One guy i played online with from the states hated his user name and wanted it changed.He sent private messages to loads of users asking them to report him.Finally he got banned and then hejust signed up again with a new user name.

Not a full ban then. A full Live ban lasts until 9999, and it's the console that gets banned, not the user ID. There is no (practical) way to recover from a ban.

But still, bans are pretty rare, mostly for playing leaked games early.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not a full ban then. A full Live ban lasts until 9999, and it's the console that gets banned, not the user ID. There is no (practical) way to recover from a ban.

But still, bans are pretty rare, mostly for playing leaked games early.
So if you changed your console you can sign up? Isn't the IP address also banned? I don't know.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
So if you changed your console you can sign up? Isn't the IP address also banned? I don't know.

Exactly, buying another console will get you back on Live - it's the consoles unique ID that's banned, not your gamertag / IP.

Theoretically, you could flash a banned console with an unbanned console ID to fix it, but you'd need another 360 to get that ID anyway..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here