Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox360 or PS3?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How am I wrong about the online gaming?

Have Microsoft suddenly stopped charging for Xbox live?

Have Sony put a price on taking your PS3 online?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
got xbox360 and PES 09 for now seems to be quite good and liking the wireless controllers, will get fifa next. what other games? icall of duty any good?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
What games aren't on the PS3 that are great on 360 out of interest?

gears of war
gears of war 2
halo 3
bioshock
bioshock 2
mass effect
fable 2
dead rising
ninja gaiden 2

yes its noisy, but do you really care when your playing
they have fixed the reliability issues (i hope so cos im on my 3rd) , games are the same in terms of graphics etc. huge price difference.

360 every time

although i may get a ps3 for blu ray player

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
gears of war
gears of war 2
halo 3
bioshock
bioshock 2
mass effect
fable 2
dead rising
ninja gaiden 2

they have fixed the reliability issues (i hope so cos im on my 3rd) , games are the same in terms of graphics etc. huge price difference.

360 every time

I brought the Elite back around xmas time and it's going fine.Hope they have fixed this problem as i cannot afford to keep replacing my xbox like you have.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bioshock two isn't even out yet.I know they are making another COD

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
gears of war
gears of war 2
halo 3
bioshock
bioshock 2
mass effect
fable 2
dead rising
ninja gaiden 2

360 every time

And Red Alert 3

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
got xbox360 and PES 09 for now seems to be quite good and liking the wireless controllers, will get fifa next. what other games? icall of duty any good?

Good choice, however I would have gone with Fifa 09 from the off.

And don't listen to silly advice saying you need to fork out for an adaptor to play online on the 360, just buy yourself a £1 cable and you're good to go.

Call of Duty is one of the better games out at the moment, can't go wrong with it really.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If you want a pretty bit box with a lot of features you'll never use buy a PS£. If you want a cheaper option with a good range of brillian games go 360.

To summarise

PS3 for posers
360 for gamers

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The PS3 costs more because it is BETTER.

How many people have had to return their PS3 to Sony because it broke?

By all means, buy a 360 and enjoy cranking the volume up on your telly so it drowns out the racket of the machine trying to take off before it eventually fails and you have to get it replaced. But you could have saved yourself the hassle and bought the rather superb PS3 from the off.

Furthermore you can easily shove any cheap hard drive into the PS3 to increase its capacity whereas the 360 requires that you buy an expensive MS special Xbox only lump.

So 360 arcade console - £130
Xbox 120GB hard drive - £100
Cooling fan so it doesn't blow up within the first week of owning it - £15
Wireless adapter - £60
12 month subscription to Xbox Live for online gaming - £40

Total cost - £345

OR

PS3 60GB console - £255
120GB SATA hard drive - £25
Wireless connectivity - INCLUDED
Online gaming subscription - INCLUDED
Technology to keep console from blowing up - INCLUDED

Total cost - £280

Suddenly the equivalent Xbox package has cost you £65 MORE than the PS3, and you're getting a lesser machine that can't even play HD movies.

I'm sorry but it's a no brainer

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Agree with the poster above. Made the same conclusion myself this pm and went for PS3 as a joint pressie for me and the Mrs (inc birthdays!). Got it with an extra wireless controller, resistance 2 and the remote control-hd cable thingy bundle for £280 @ Argos.:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The PS3 costs more because it is BETTER.

How many people have had to return their PS3 to Sony because it broke?

By all means, buy a 360 and enjoy cranking the volume up on your telly so it drowns out the racket of the machine trying to take off before it eventually fails and you have to get it replaced. But you could have saved yourself the hassle and bought the rather superb PS3 from the off.

Furthermore you can easily shove any cheap hard drive into the PS3 to increase its capacity whereas the 360 requires that you buy an expensive MS special Xbox only lump.

So 360 arcade console - £130
Xbox 120GB hard drive - £100
Cooling fan so it doesn't blow up within the first week of owning it - £15
Wireless adapter - £60
12 month subscription to Xbox Live for online gaming - £40

Total cost - £345

Or a sensible person would buy the 60GB Premium bundle for £169 and buy a cable to connect it to the internet for £2.

Three years warranty on all Xbox 360's now as standard, and you get subscription to Xbox Live silver with it.

So for someone who wants to open the box up, and play some very neat games, paying £170 (Anyone shelling out £345 for that needs help) seems quite resonable to the PS3 prices starting at...£280?

I know what I would rather choose.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
PS3 60GB console - £255
120GB SATA hard drive - £25
Wireless connectivity - INCLUDED
Online gaming subscription - INCLUDED
Technology to keep console from blowing up - INCLUDED

If you are serious about playing online, who wants bloody wi-fi anyway? And as for the technology from stopping it from blowing up, the failure rate on the newer versions of the Xbox 360 is actually quite low. People automatically see the words Xbox 360 and try to drum any bad publicity it had over these issues 2-3 YEARS ago.
And as for the free online gaming subscription, it's free for a reason. The only 2 times i've ever tried getting online with a PS3, it has been down for some reason. The last time I have seen Xbox Live down was to do some maintenance for the brand new update a few weeks ago. Oh and one other thing, if you pay £40 for a Live subscription you are a mug.

I can see the attraction of the PS3. It graphically looks better than the 360, although not by much. It has a blu-ray player, which is great but not enough people even have a HD tv to play the darn thing on.
Essentially:
Best GAMES console: Xbox 360
Best console for a bit of both worlds: PS3

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003

cough cough, don't forget you can now save your games to the xbox HD so games run without the need for the loud DVD drive, it's nearly as quiet as a PS3. A major improvement :clap2:

Got both never even tried to play PS3 online as all my friends own Xbox :shrug: guess this argument could run a while. Each to their own

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
And incidentally, people talking about how much better the graphics are on PS3 are wrong - pretty much every cross format game looks better on 360 as it's the lead platform.

sorry.

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
Iv had both, got a 360 then sold it for a ps3. 360s are too noisy and i was used to ps2 controllers
ps3 has rechargeable bluetooth controllers (always nice) and the blu ray player is awesome too.
online play is also free compared to the 360.
to be honest both would be good,but i would personally pay the extra for the ps3, i think its more future-proof too.
oh i also have fifa and pro evo, and only really play pro evo nowadays, lots of things u can edit in the game altho the lack of BHA in it dus sting a little, but i prefer the gameplay over fifas, despite the new FIFA game being VERY good.
either way whatever you buy for console and game you wont be disappointed

(sorry if uv already bought 1 i havent read replies..)

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
And incidentally, people talking about how much better the graphics are on PS3 are wrong - pretty much every cross format game looks better on 360 as it's the lead platform.

sorry.

Wrong.
360 looks better cos the ps3 versions of multilatform games are always straight ports from the 360 as they dont have the time to properly code the same game on 2 differet consoles. Once the programmers have got their head round the sheer intricacy of the ps3 and start making corss platforms games with the ps3 in mind (instead of having to make a schedule), they will be able to make games that will look almost twice as good as anything on the xbox360......

not that im biased or anything! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here