Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox360 or PS3?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Im buying one tonight, which one should i get? Bored of the Wii now, and which game do i get Fifa 09 or pro evo 09?

Thanks..

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dude, if you just wanna play games go for the xBox, if you want all the DVD, video+audio playback, browser etc etc then splash the xTra £170 and get the PS3

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Im buying one tonight, which one should i get? Bored of the Wii now, and which game do i get Fifa 09 or pro evo 09?

Thanks..

Definitely Xbox 360......there arent many AAA games on the PS3 and the only one I can think of that is exclusive is Gran Turismo. Everything else is on both.

I was always a Pro Evo fan but from what I have seen and heard this years FIFA knocks spots off Pro Evo and you have the added bonus of lower league clubs rather than just "Premiership"

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
OK people keep banging on about the cost of the PS3 compared to the relative lower price of the Xbox. However, when you consider that the Xbox only supports HD-DVD and you have to get a separate HD DVD player to play HD-DVD's when compared to the PS3 which has a BUILT IN Blu-Ray player, the extra cost pales into insignificance therefore meaning that in real terms, the Xbox and the PS3 cost the same amount of money.

Gran Turismo isn't just the only exclusive Franchise, you've got Little Big Planet - which is brilliant, Resistance 1 & 2, Motorstorm and so on.

For football games, don't even bother about Pro-Evo on either of the next gen machines. It's FIFA all the way!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
PS3 every time. Far superior machine - XBox may be good for games but PS3 is a good all-rounder. If the Xbox is Geoff Boycott then the PS3 is Ian Botham!!

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Pro evo is crap, get Fifa.

I have PS3 and 360, like the other post said PS3 great for BlueRay films but if all you want is gaming the 360 is the one you want, 360 has been unreliable compared with my PS3 but they have extended warranty now though I believe

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Xbox 360 and Pro Evo for me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There is no question about it, go for the 360 and Fifa 09.

Wow a PS3 has blu-ray technology, fantastic! Except you're paying about £100 more for the privilege, and let's face it, blu-ray players will be cheap as chips in a few years when it's actually WORTH getting one.

Hell, even if you just want a console to do the basics, some online retailers you can get an Arcade 360 for £90 or so, making it around £150 cheaper than the PS3

In short, get a Xbox 360 and buy Fifa 09 (PES used to be a lot better, but it's a bit cack now):wave:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You could get a noisy, unreliable, ugly white box or you could get a sleek, sexy, quiet and super solid, beautiful PS3.

The 360 will be as redundant as the original Xbox in a few years whereas the PS3's dawn is still only just beginning.

The PS3 is a joy to use and it does EVERYTHING.

If you can afford it, buy it.

The ONLY thing the 360 wins on is price, and there's a reason it's that much cheaper.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
"But ultimately what really matters is the price of the console and the availability of good exclusive games. You can get an Xbox 360, with four games and two controllers for £130. The best deal I managed to find was a PS3 with three good games for £270"

Says it all really.

For consoles which were released just 15 months apart, the difference in price is astonishing. (Who wants a Blu-ray player now when blu-ray films etc cost £15-20?:shootself)

At the end of the day, the ONLY reason for ever wanting a PS3 is for Gran Turismo, and christ knows when that will ever get released.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You can get Fallout 3 on either.:yahoo:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
PS3 & Pro Evo for me. The Xbox is okay, but you need mutant hands to use their controllers...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
PS3 is far sleeker and stylish. As someone has said the PS3 is capable of tons more than the cheap looking/feeling 360. If you can afford one the PS3 is the logical choice.

What games aren't on the PS3 that are great on 360 out of interest?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No contest. Get PS3. Far superior machine. Looks alot cooler too

But thats garbage.Both machines are of the same spec really.If you like online gaming then you can't touch the Xbox.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
No, the PS3 is significantly more powerful. And its online capabilities are just as good, if not better. In fact the PS3 comes wireless ready out of the box whereas 360 owners have to fork out for an adapter as well as having to pay a subscription to use Xbox live.

PS3 owners can enjoy as much online gaming as they please and don't have to pay a penny for the privilege.

I've had both machines. Sold the 360 in the end (the third one I had, having had to send two back faulty). There is NO contest. The PS3 is light years ahead

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You are wrong about online gaming.Sales prove this.As for thr spec,there's not a great difference.If you really want me to go into more info it i will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here