• Playstation

Votes: 64 55.7%

• Total voters

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Gaming console, blu-ray player, music system (linked to my 5.1 surround) and photo backup storage, plus BBC i-player / ITV player, subscription-free online content. Oh, and Unchartered.

No competition really, is there ?

Also 3d Blu ray films and 3d games :thumbsup:, have my audio hooked up using optical to my 5.1 and it's immense

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
In my opinion, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are basically the same, although PS3 can support higher graphics settings and run them more smoothly. They both have some killer exclusives.
My vote would come down to PC, but because that isn't on the poll.
I built my PC this summer and I love the fact that games are somehow cheaper on PC than 360 or PS3...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Xbox can hold and play music and photos and has music and video streaming services on Last.fm and Zune as well as Sky Player, which puts iPlayer and ITV player to shame.
£30 a year is a small price to pay for a far superior online service that doesn't go down or get hacked into, leaving your personal and credit card details in jeopardy. You could pay for 2 or 3 years of Xbox live with the money you save from buying an Xbox instead of a PS3 anyway.
+ we have Gears of War and Forza among others.
So the only benefit you get out of having a PS3 is that you have the privilege of being able to pay £20 for blu-ray discs.

Quick check off game website shows:

XBOX 360 320GB + MW3 = £299
PS3 SILVER SLIMLINE 320GB + MW3 = £269

PS3 MEANS A SAVING OF = £30

As for your blu ray comment that is just stupid. See below again using game as a reference point.

FIFA 12 PS3 = £37.99
FIFA 12 XBOX = £37.99

Each to there own. Having owned both I prefer the ps3. Subject done to death, Both good consoles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Xbox can hold and play music and photos and has music and video streaming services on Last.fm and Zune as well as Sky Player, which puts iPlayer and ITV player to shame.
£30 a year is a small price to pay for a far superior online service that doesn't go down or get hacked into, leaving your personal and credit card details in jeopardy. You could pay for 2 or 3 years of Xbox live with the money you save from buying an Xbox instead of a PS3 anyway.
+ we have Gears of War and Forza among others.
So the only benefit you get out of having a PS3 is that you have the privilege of being able to pay £20 for blu-ray discs.

A watch a LOT of blu-rays, so this is a maHOOsive part of why I'm a Sonyboy.

PS3 does everything I want and more. The X-Box offers me absolutely nothing my PS3 can't do slicker, quieter and (as a unit) looking far better under my tellybox.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Xbox for one reason and one reason only.

THE CONTROLLER IS ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED.

(instead of not being changed due to the fear of change)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A watch a LOT of blu-rays, so this is a maHOOsive part of why I'm a Sonyboy.

PS3 does everything I want and more. The X-Box offers me absolutely nothing my PS3 can't do slicker, quieter and (as a unit) looking far better under my tellybox.

Well you can't pay for and have access to xbox live so ner.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Ps3 is so depressing online though, no party chat & that trophy system is lame compared the achievments on 360.
I've had both & xbox beats ps3 for online gaming
Hands down, oh & the dual shock controller is really outdated (whatever happened to that boomerang controller)

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Xbox for one reason and one reason only.

THE CONTROLLER IS ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED.

(instead of not being changed due to the fear of change)

Whatever the merits of the consoles themselves (pros and cons for each), I absolutely HATE the x box controller, it's too big, clunky and feels shit to hold.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Whatever the merits of the consoles themselves (pros and cons for each), I absolutely HATE the x box controller, it's too big, clunky and feels shit to hold.

& I find the dual shock flimsy light and cheap feeling, each to their own ain't it

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
As long as we're all happy with our trusty machines ay lol.
They're both quality to be fair but little things swing it for different people..... It's all good

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Sometimes think i'm one of a select few people who own both and don't really have a preference. Generally i'd say Xbox Live is miles better than PSN. And that PS3 has more high quality exclusives.

Hardly breaks the bank to have both if you're an avid gamer.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Sometimes think i'm one of a select few people who own both and don't really have a preference. Generally i'd say Xbox Live is miles better than PSN. And that PS3 has more high quality exclusives.

Hardly breaks the bank to have both if you're an avid gamer.

This although I do think xbox has some good exclusives but then most of what I play are multi-platform
Anyway

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Xbox for me, so many mates have Xbox, so great for online gaming. The only game which is a playstation exclusive which i want the Xbox to play is metal gear solid 4. But apart from that the servers are great and hardly go wrong, Microsoft update constantly and fast, so I can't see a fault with Xbox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here