Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox one or playstation 4?

With the positives swaying people to ps4, will u stay loyal to your Xbox or come to ps4?

• Total voters

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i dont see the issue really. sony screwed up the launch of the ps3 too - it changes nothing in the long run

people who are unhappy will make a hell of a lot more noise than the people who havent bothered to write a review because they are too busy playing it

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
i dont see the issue really. sony screwed up the launch of the ps3 too - it changes nothing in the long run

people who are unhappy will make a hell of a lot more noise than the people who havent bothered to write a review because they are too busy playing it

Very true, to be honest whenever I get something and I like it, I never make a review.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Ouch ! 357 one star reviews. Looks like sony could have undone all their positive PR in one go. I will be going for the Xbone too, although had made up my mind before this.

There will be just as many xbox one 1 star reviews next weekend

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I've come into a small sum of money. I'd like a PS4. Would I be foolish in frittering away my small inheritance on this machine?

It'll be a good investment, you will need to be quick though.. I did hear Asda where offering release day ps4s still but as I said BE quick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have got the XboxOne too. I am very excited. I have taken the day off. I hope it doesn't have to many problems.

What games you play?
Going to start with Forza and BF4 - and upgrade my CoD Ghosts to the X1 version for £10. I will see how the reviews are for Ryse, may get that in the future. I know people like Dead Rising, but not sure it's my kind of thing - I'll try the free version of DR2 I got with Gold at some point and see.

Ouch ! 357 one star reviews. Looks like sony could have undone all their positive PR in one go. I will be going for the Xbone too, although had made up my mind before this.
If I was getting the PS4, there's no way I would be changing my mind yet over some dead units. There's still a couple of weeks to go before launch, so if the issues are software related they should be fixed.

I've come into a small sum of money. I'd like a PS4. Would I be foolish in frittering away my small inheritance on this machine?
Well if it was your normal disposable income, I'd say no, but inheritance? Depends if you want to buy something lasting to remember someone by.

Note that buying a new console at launch often comes with issues, so unless you like to be there at the start, it's often a good idea to wait 6 months or more.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Has anyone here got their xbox? Any good?

I get my ps4 tomorrow so this weekend will be filled with gaming, sitting in my pants eating Doritos and dip

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

1 million sold in the states alone but 357 1 star reviews likely including a few review trolls and you think it's game over? :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Well it probably did affect the long run as PS3s poor launch meant Xbox360 gained a lead from which PS3 never recovered. I thought PS4 would "win" this round but not looking so sure now.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Note that buying a new console at launch often comes with issues, so unless you like to be there at the start, it's often a good idea to wait 6 months or more.

I want to get a PS4 early next year - how long till they start dropping the prices on new consoles, not sure if there's normally a set period for the full price? Never bought one that close to launch so not really sure how the pricing scale usually works. Guess they might go down a bit after the Xmas/January rush?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Has anyone here got their xbox? Any good?

I get my ps4 tomorrow so this weekend will be filled with gaming, sitting in my pants eating Doritos and dip

What games are you getting tomorrow?

I'm still torn between the two.
Completely undecided and I think I'll just see what the best deal is in January.. :shrug:

I want to get a PS4 early next year - how long till they start dropping the prices on new consoles, not sure if there's normally a set period for the full price? Never bought one that close to launch so not really sure how the pricing scale usually works. Guess they might go down a bit after the Xmas/January rush?

Highly doubt it as demand for both consoles has been sky high and probably will be for the next 3+ months as the delayed games start to come out.

I'd hazard a guess at the first real price drop 9+ months from now.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade

Probably won't come down in price for a year but you may find in a few months better bundles as more games are released. I will get the new Xbox in a few months when more games come out and when I finally get bored of GTA.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What games are you getting tomorrow?

I'm still torn between the two.
Completely undecided and I think I'll just see what the best deal is in January.. :shrug:

Highly doubt it as demand for both consoles has been sky high and probably will be for the next 3+ months as the delayed games start to come out.

I'd hazard a guess at the first real price drop 9+ months from now.

Probably won't come down in price for a year but you may find in a few months better bundles as more games are released. I will get the new Xbox in a few months when more games come out and when I finally get bored of GTA.

Thought I might have been being a bit optimistic! Will see what bundle deals are around in the New Year then, thanks

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I've pre-ordered Xbox with COD from game but left it too late to bag 1st day edition. Not sure when it will arrive but guaranteed before xmas :down:
As others have said I'm quite happy mooching around GTA till it arrives, I only pre-ordered as I definitely wanted one pre xmas.

albionite

May 20, 2009
X box is pretty awesome exceeds expectation,works like a dream.

Both consoles are going to be good unless you pick up one of the faulty consoles.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Another probably stoopid question, are games likely to stay around the £50 mark? Or are they higher for the release titles?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Xbox one will be the better console in the coming future, the game companies have been able to tap into the xbox potential far more than the ps4. Owning both systems, I have to say the xbox as a multimedia centre and games machine is far more flexible. Ps4 will be traded in after Christmas as a big disappointment.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

Both the xbox one and ps4 will be bringing out a slimline version in the early part of 2014 with 1.5 tb hdd as too the current 500gb. So expect them to be a bit more pricey.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another probably stoopid question, are games likely to stay around the £50 mark? Or are they higher for the release titles?

They're sub £50 if you shop around, supermarkets are usually the best places to pick up games these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here