Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Surely you can appreciate the talent though ?.
Interesting I like her and the first album was good with several excellent songs but I just listened to a few snippets from the new one and they've stuffed her, by trying to change her into 'funky' shit artist but she sounds like a 100 other also rans because the songs are so crap. She's a ballad type singer but hopefully she's made her mark but I expect the 2nd album to bomb, big mistake or perhaps the 1st album song writing deal/money ran out.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I love Lucy

the 2 irish boys were pants but will stay in for a few weeks because of the sympathy vote when Cowell pans them

Can't stand the Scottish leprachaun Ricky Loony with his demented eye brows

Jamie Afro - one trick pony ( should have put Tracy through instead)

olly - very good call

Danyl Johnson - needs to sing without the gymnastics and tricks

all the bands - abysmal

Stacey - playing the game = sings like an angel, speaks like a slapper

the blond boy Lloyd will win - pleasant, good singer and teen appeal.

Overall not a great batch and no stand out superstar and the live auditions were crap. I still love the X Factor but I think it is approaching the end of its shelf life

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Surely you can appreciate the talent though ?.

Or course i appreciate she has a talent, but i could not listen to it.

You seemed to be of the opinion if you like so should everyone else but then have trouble understanding it when they don't.

It the same with films when you like a film you expect everyone else to like it.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He did it to f*** Cowell off. No other reason.

Cole is having a SHOCKER.

What a surprise, Cole puts the Geordie through... She has NO CHANCE this year!

Cole made some shocking decisions. The Operatic guy should have been a certainty as was the Vlack gut. Awful decisions.

A friend who works on the post-production bit of the show told me that Simon Cowell's company, Syco, makes all the decisions regarding which acts go through at this stage. The other 'judges' are on the X-Factor pay-roll, and actually have no input. :shrug:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
- Joe
- Lloyd
- Rikki
- Stacey Solomon
- Lucie
- Jamie
- Rachel
- Danyl
- Olly
- John & Edward
- Kandy Rain
- Miss Frank

Those are your Final 12 folks, take your pick.

Chezza Cole's chosen three average singers with passable looks. She's really gone for the throw away non entity pop star with her choices. The black lad and the one with the opera type voice should have gone through. The Welsh ad is her only chance of a top three finish.

All three girls are pretty good. I reckon Stacey is the pick.

I was surprised that the over 35 Stacey didn't make it. She had a great voice. Afro man will do quite well but won't win. Same with Danyl, he's too all over the shop with his performances. Cowell's best bet I reckon is Olly. I actually thougfht he was the weakest in the over 25's but he has a decent enough voice, swwms likeable and is young enough to 'connect' with most of the voters(I assume it's mainly teenagers who vote?).

The groups are mainly shit although the three girls who started as solo artists have the best chance of getting through the first rounds.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A friend who works on the post-production bit of the show told me that Simon Cowell's company, Syco, makes all the decisions regarding which acts go through at this stage. The other 'judges' are on the X-Factor pay-roll, and actually have no input. :shrug:

and in other news, the world is round.

Its actually amzing how many people think its all real, everyone has an equal chance, that these are the most talented undiscovered acts out there. Or maybe, everyone knows this is false but no-one wants to believe its false, because it'll spoil the good telly.

Read Chart Throb by Ben Elton, great X-Factor spoof

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
and in other news, the world is round.

Its actually amzing how many people think its all real, everyone has an equal chance, that these are the most talented undiscovered acts out there. Or maybe, everyone knows this is false but no-one wants to believe its false, because it'll spoil the good telly.

Read Chart Throb by Ben Elton, great X-Factor spoof

Was going to say, am I really the only person who realises it's all about as real as WWF? (WWE for you youngsters).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here