Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seriously what is the appeal of this show?

This is top end marketing at its sharpest. Cowell gets paid to produce the show, Cowell slaps a contract on every act, Cowell markets winning acts songs. He wins in all departments.

It was brilliant to see the fat boy from Stoke "mentoring" the Wannabees as only he can and very handy publicity for a man who has a new album out and is seeking to relaunch his career.

very convenient to for the Daily Snail which just happens to be giving away a Robbie album tommorow....everybody wins
:jester:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
This is top end marketing at its sharpest. Cowell gets paid to produce the show, Cowell slaps a contract on every act, Cowell markets winning acts songs. He wins in all departments.

It was brilliant to see the fat boy from Stoke "mentoring" the Wannabees as only he can and very handy publicity for a man who has a new album out and is seeking to relaunch his career.

very convenient to for the Daily Snail which just happens to be giving away a Robbie album tommorow....everybody wins
:jester:

Maybe i should watch it everyone else seems to, the GF always watches it, i've tried in the past, but when one by one they all start telling there sob stories to get through thats what i hate and when i become disinterested. If you've got talent then it'll will be picked up by the judges, sob stories only make them look pathetic in my eyes

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe i should watch it everyone else seems to, the GF always watches it, i've tried in the past, but when one by one they all start telling there sob stories to get through thats what i hate and when i become disinterested. If you've got talent then it'll will be picked up by the judges, sob stories only make them look pathetic in my eyes

I forgot to mention that its one of ITV's few seatfilling shows which plays well with the advertisers. Any controversy or sob story will only enhance the viewing and voting figures... see, every one is a winner, oh, except the poor sods onstage who go throught the mincer and cliche machine

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Simon Cowell is from Brighton. I don't suppose he's an Albion fan? Or that Holly, as she's also from Brighton too! Wish someone would get her posing in an Albion shirt!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Simon Cowell is from Brighton. I don't suppose he's an Albion fan? Or that Holly, as she's also from Brighton too! Wish someone would get her posing in an Albion shirt!!

I seem to recall her saying on Soccer AM she is an Arsenal fan through her husband.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I agree Vegster little talent here infact its embarrassing compared with previous years when they did unearth some genuine talent. Not to labour the point but the fact they managed to find the Diamond Leona Lewis from this show is beyond belief but that was a one off.

In X Factor parlance, you've laboured the point one million percent.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You seem very grumpy recently. Whats the problem ?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You seem very grumpy recently. Whats the problem ?.

Oh the irony, can you point me to your last positive post about anything in the last 6 months about anything other than a youtube song link?

Politics, football, life in general????

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The autistic basketball hero.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So many of them got given the wrong song last night. The affro bloke should have sung a bluesy soul number, not T bloody Rex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many of them got given the wrong song last night. The affro bloke should have sung a bluesy soul number, not T bloody Rex.

Cowell is worried he's about to go I reckon, I can't think of any other reason for him getting up and giving a standing ovation (none of the others joined him) for what was a f***ing terrible version of a classic song. Louis was right for once, he sounded like any pub singer.

I thought the guy from Gateshead did a better job of his Robbie Williams song than Williams himself, the guy could well win the whole shabang I reckon.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cowell is worried he's about to go I reckon, I can't think of any other reason for him getting up and giving a standing ovation (none of the others joined him) for what was a f***ing terrible version of a classic song. Louis was right for once, he sounded like any pub singer.

I thought the guy from Gateshead did a better job of his Robbie Williams song than Williams himself, the guy could well win the whole shabang I reckon.

It's strange that the Geordie bloke sounds like Neil Sedaka (Ask your mum kids)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here