Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wycombe: what's happening.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just been to nonstop party shop on western road (next door to JJB, opposite pizza hut) - Got myself some yellow whistles and streamers.

If anyone has a bit of money to fritter they have those kids whistle things that you blow and it unravels and coils back up again (what the f*** are they called ?) - 100 for £13.99 !!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant, the noise of 100 party blowers at a football game.

:lolol:

What about kazoos?!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
That Wycombe board is DIABOLICAL!
What is it they don't understand about the "Fans United will never be divided" way of thinking?
Oh, and all those crappy pop-ups are diabolical too..!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
balloonboy said:
Just to let you know, I WILL be bringing my balloons (1,000+), and a copy of the Bath Area Yellow Pages

:clap: - good work balloon boy :clap:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I'm unable to download the songsheet for tomorrow because my Apple Mac won't recognise the Microsoft file (d'oh!)...

Any chance it could be cut & pasted onto this or another thread?

(Or do you reckon It would be possible to just improvise tomorrow?!)

Cheers!

MRRF 10

Wycombe Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion
Football League Division 2 - Saturday 7th February 2004

Songsheet

1. WE WANT FALMER

Think about it. Make yourselves heard. If you don’t want to spend your football supporting life thinking everyone else in the football league has a better home ground than us, sing,

WE WANT FALMER

For the entire duration of today’s game, from kick off, ‘til half time, from 46 minutes, ‘til the final whistle. Don’t stop.

One Song. No others. Even if they score, even if we score.

WE WANT FALMER

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Wycombe fans make me want to cry. In a matter of days my life could be changed forever. My club could be finishing its last ever season in the football league. I love the club so much it's like they are sticking a dagger into my gut. :cry:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I really believe in "What goes around comes around!!" It's true as Brighton fans we never forget those clubs who helped us out in 97. We all have rallied round most recently at Oldham and did a bucket collection. So that is why we have had a fantastic responce from clubs all over the country and ex managers etc helping too. Wycombe will get there just deserts they will playing in DIV3 next season. I know what you mean Turkey but hopefully when this is all over we will have Falmer and a bright future and Wycombe:lolol:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I'm sure the average Wycombe fan will be behind us. A couple of years ago I went along without a ticket and had to sit with the home fans - they were all a decent bunch.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
just printed off 200 WE WANT FALMER posters and 100 songsheets. Will be giving them out outside the ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will be leaving deepest North Somerset around 9:30 and going via the office to do some printing I've just remembered about. Hope to be in Highest Wycombe by midday.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bozza - any ideas as to WHEN we should do the balloons/yellow pages, etc? As per usual, when the players come out, or at the end of the game when (hopefully) some of the players will join us for the protest. Not sure which will be more "media friendly"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
balloonboy said:
Bozza - any ideas as to WHEN we should do the balloons/yellow pages, etc? As per usual, when the players come out, or at the end of the game when (hopefully) some of the players will join us for the protest. Not sure which will be more "media friendly"

Not really sure to be honest. Maybe half and half with the balloons. The players still need our support, despite the wider picture.

baz

Jul 7, 2003
Can we not organise a players sit in with the fans. Now that really would help us get some media coverage. Can we contact the club somehow to arrange.

I can't go today. Is there any protests arranged for Luton.

wilco

Feb 7, 2004
Binfield
Wycombe Today

As a Wycombe fan i do wish Brighton get the approval for there new stadium and i can understand the urgency to get Prescotts ear. Being a supporter of Wycombe and football in general not just a fan , i would do anything within my power if i was a Brighton fan to get Falmer approved.
However as a Wycombe fan i must be concerned that your actions will cost my club dearly in monetary terms. We do not have police at games between our two clubs because it is a low risk game, but today there will be so i have been told 30-40 police plus possibly the mounted variety as well.
This may cost us upto £10000 to police. I would also like to agree that there are some very small minded people on the gasroom but am sure you have similiar people who get right on your wick.
Good luck for your campaign but have a thought for our coffers!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here