Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wycombe Wanderers Vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread - 07/11/2009

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So if we dont count the two that went in at Huddersfield before Kuipers departed he has conceeded 15 goals in 4 games, thats 3.75 goals a game and we have not finished yet. Surely this is some kind of record??

Yes it is a record - one that is conspicuously worse than Kuipers' record. No point in blaming the defence either - it's the same defence that Kuipers has to play behind. With the possible exception of Alan Rough, I can't think of any good Scottish keepers since the days of Bill Brown and Tommy Lawrence - so why the hell did we go and buy one, and get rid of Sully at the same time?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am not syaing they are his fault but how many goals has smith conceeded per game this season??

So if we dont count the two that went in at Huddersfield before Kuipers departed he has conceeded 15 goals in 4 games, thats 3.75 goals a game and we have not finished yet. Surely this is some kind of record??

Assuming we concede no more goals today, he has played 4.5 games and conceded 17, which is a goal/game rate of 3.78.

(Kuipers this season is: played 13.5 conceded 18 = 1.33)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes it is a record - one that is conspicuously worse than Kuipers' record. No point in blaming the defence either - it's the same defence that Kuipers has to play behind. With the possible exception of Alan Rough, I can't think of any good Scottish keepers since the days of Bill Brown and Tommy Lawrence - so why the hell did we go and buy one, and get rid of Sully at the same time?

ANd why the hell do we pick him ahead of Kuipers

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
just got in, whats the score?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Time for a few more goals yet!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And to think Slade got rid of Sullivan on a free.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
i think smiths a good keeper i really do but the stats dont lie and he has conceded an aweful lot of goals

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Shot just over the crossbar and "Smith would have been beaten again then" - shock horror

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's be fair, he is playing behind one of the worst Albion defences I can remember.

Let's be fair - it's the dame defence that Kuipers plays behind, and doesn't concede half as many goals. Back to Scotland in January please.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At least any management candidate watching will get a true picture of what needs doing.
Run like f***.

Perhaps those that don't want john gregory here should be pleased he is the only candidate reported to be watching. He gets scared off, the others read the results and think "ooh, back and forth match, strong going forward, can do a job wit that".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here