Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wycombe Sign Tyson For A Month

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
here was me thinking they had, had enough of swearing at the officials and they were going to punch the living daylights out of them as well.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he would be great on our left wing. very good player when i saw him on tv. admittedly 1 game does not make him a star but it was for england under 19s last season i think it was.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
how do a team like wycombe get a player like him and we dont? dosent the guy want success or maybe we cannot afford his wages. thought we still had some of the seasons budget to spend.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
BUTTERBALL said:
Wycome have signed Reading striker Nathan Tyson on a months loan.

We've missed out again on another very good player. What the hell is going on? Perhaps the club's finances are in a worse state than we all think.

:angry:

Nathan Tyson is the best young player at Reading, but for some reason Coppell doesn't want to give him a run in the side. He has said Tyson can leave if the right offer comes in. Bloody ridiculous, he's a better forward than Sean Goater, Darius Henderson or Bas Savage and he's 15 years younger than John Salako!

Tyson is better as a centre forward than out on the left wing, where he has been used for Reading. He was playing as a left-sided centre forward for England when he scored both goals in their 2-1 win against Germany last season. He's very quick, a good finisher and not bad in the air. He is a bit naive against experienced defenders, but that will be sorted with a run in the first team (hopefully ours, but probably someone else's unfortunately).

I understand he was very popular with Cheltenham Town when he was on loan there. They called him Thierry Henry - high praise indeed.:)

If fatty McGhee ever reads this, I strongly recommend you get him, if there is any money at all in Dick Knight's pocket. Him & Leon Knight should see you back up in Division 1 next season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
WhitleyDennis said:
Nathan Tyson is the best young player at Reading, but for some reason Coppell doesn't want to give him a run in the side.

If fatty McGhee ever reads this, I strongly recommend you get him, if there is any money at all in Dick Knight's pocket. Him & Leon Knight should see you back up in Division 1 next season.

Praise indeed. I just hope that McGhee gets the message. We can't afford to lose out on this one.

:angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes but

we have no money to sign anyone!!!

this is it folks...this is the team for the next couple of years

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wycombe sign Tyson for a month, we extend Rehman's loan by a month. Who would you prefer to see at the club? A silly question to start the new year.

:rolleyes:

Terry17

Oct 24, 2003
East Preston
Bloody hell another quality player missed out on!

What happened to all those free agent players that were supposedly floating around having been released at the start of this season? Surely there would have been a couple of decent players among them?
Didn't Mickey Adams get a couple of willing lads playing on no wages for a month or two at Leics ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Adams managed to persuade Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee to play for Leicester for nothing

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah a club at the bottom who get low crowds are signing a fair few of late and we get f-all as usual.:angry:

Funny enough i find tyson a quality young player and he is nippy and tricky and god knows how henderson can be above him in the pecking order.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here