Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wycombe game Radio Sussex commentary

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Will this be available on th BBC website as it's an FA Cup game?

I seem to remember listening to us play away at Hartlepool in a Cup replay a couple of years ago.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I cannot see why not, I listened to the 1st leg away, if you ring or e-mail them they would let you know.

BBC - Sussex - Get in touch with BBC Sussex

If you are in Southampton you would probably need Seagulls World to access it, athough you may get a Wycombe one on their local station

BBC - Beds Herts and Bucks - Homepage

Cheers for the response. My thinking was based on the theory the internet rights for SW don't cover the FA cup. That Hartlepool game I mentioned, I was listening to that online.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
For the away match at Wycombe I posted that I had heard John Lees on BBC Sussex say the commentary would be on the BBC Sussex website as it was an FA CUP tie. However it was not - only the phone in. Given the cock up with the phone in yesterday I'm not sure you can rely on that Radio Station to deliver anything. Seems to be increasingly managed by a bunch of amateurs. Best bet outside Sussex remains Seagulls World.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I cannot see why not, I listened to the 1st leg away, if you ring or e-mail them they would let you know.

QUOTE]

Really? I also received the standard BBC "not available due to restricted rights" message on the BBC Sussex player. Or have you just not read the original post properly?

Well I live central Brighton and listened to the game, I believe it was 4-4 with two sendings off, Gavin Hotye bless him.

I have digital, analologe, internet radio access and Seagulls world, I could have listened by any of these means.

As you have spotted I am not the best reader of posts as I am lazy and just like to stick my oar in as and when it suits.

I mentioned before about contacting the BBC, when I have needed to now previously I have just rung them up and been put through to the sports desk who let you know and then they also useally read it out on the next sports news. This does'nt affect me for his game but I am sure if one of the Hampshire seagulls e-mails in they could let others know the response. I work away a lot and find Seagulls World invaluble.

Happy reading :smile:

Well I live central Brighton and listened to the game, I believe it was 4-4 with two sendings off, Gavin Hotye bless him.

I have digital, analologe, internet radio access and Seagulls world, I could have listened by any of these means.
:

OK, I'm starting to get annoyed now. Have you also not read my post properly as well as the first one? Can I ask you

1. What relevence is your location of "central Brighton"?

2.Did you actually try to listen to the Wycombe commentary via the link on the BBC Sussex webpage?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
bloody useless, whats the point in having a link if it doesnt work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here