Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WWE Royal Rumble

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
any of the ladies getting tits out, then??

Not likely. WWE are going PG, at least while Linda McMahon campaigns for the senate. When she (almost inevitably) fails, and TNA moves to monday nights. WWE will start to push the nvelope again and you may get some"wardrobe malfunctions".

Though even then I doubt it. We all know how prudish the americans are about sex on TV. They got away with it with the UK only ppvs a few years ago and the UK audience lapped it up. A few months later they did it on an american ppv (or one of the women "got carried away") and there were public apologies, disciplinary action, etc.

Of course, if they stop being PG, they'll probably renew their annual collaboration with Playboy and some of the divas will get them out in an artistic setting that the kids won't be exposed to.

Unless they have a computer connected to the net...

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Years ago when wrestling was first on the box it was exciting, but within a few months you could see the same routines and the winner was no surprise. Flicking through the channels these days you see two men with microphones insulting each other and when the action commences it is often outside the ring.Why they appoint a referee I dont know because he has no control of the match.
I cant believe that people pay to watch these pantomines,surely they give the tickets away to make it look good.

if triple h wins it i will personally vomit into an envelope and send it to wwe hq to indicate my displeasure

Thats gonna cost a lot of P+P to get to Conneticut!!

Would personally love my hero RVD!! RVD!! RVD!! to come back, but he hates the on-the-road 365 days a year routine-i think he's recently started the indy circuit after competing on the international one for a few years!

rvd_01_display.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
RVD has said he'd only return to wwe or tna if the money and number of appearances were favourable.

He recently made an appearance at the PWG (Pro-Wrestling Guerilla) "Kurt Russellmania" (each match was given a name that was a take on a different KR film, no KR indorsement, just a play on the wrestlemania name).

Said to be the best indie show in a long long time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rvd is MINT - wouldnt put it past him to be one of the suprise entrants tonight, but i think any long term return is out of the question

still hoping for it to reach number 30 and "you think you know me" blurts out across the arena. if that is the case, something will almost certainly blurt out of me

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If edge returns, it will be to set up a mania match with chris jericho, so I wouldn't expect him to win.

Don't expect to see helms at all though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If edge returns, it will be to set up a mania match with chris jericho, so I wouldn't expect him to win.

Don't expect to see helms at all though.

helms and santino both out apparently - at this late stage, hopefully that means that they will have draft abraham washington and tony atlas in as replacements

edge v jericho is nailed on for mania, if jericho picks up the title at elimination chamber then that could add a new dimension to it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
helms and santino both out apparently - at this late stage, hopefully that means that they will have draft abraham washington and tony atlas in as replacements

edge v jericho is nailed on for mania, if jericho picks up the title at elimination chamber then that could add a new dimension to it

Santino is out selling the beating from raw.

Helms is out for disciplinary reasons.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
cultural snobs who just don't understand mainstream sport.

Reallt o/t here but...

Out of interest - and I'm not looking for an argument here - how do you define the above? What attributes would you attach to this sort of person and why do they dislike mainstream sports? I heard somone's opinion on this the other day and found it interesting; it may intertwine with some future sociology/culture identity work I do. You are normally good for an intelligent and articulate response so I'd be fascinated to see your answer.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reallt o/t here but...

Out of interest - and I'm not looking for an argument here - how do you define the above? What attributes would you attach to this sort of person and why do they dislike mainstream sports? I heard somone's opinion on this the other day and found it interesting; it may intertwine with some future sociology/culture identity work I do. You are normally good for an intelligent and articulate response so I'd be fascinated to see your answer.

I'm not sure what sort of deep answer you're expecting, but, I'm a little tired right now and can't really think too deep about it. What I meant when I said that was the sort of people who like classical music, opera, ballet, "High art" etc. and think football and rugby is for the lower classes, or people of lower intellect.*

They look down on football in a similar way a lot of people who like things like football, boxing, rugby, etc look down on wrestling. And when someone says things like "anyone over ten shouldn't like it" and saying to others the same sort of thing these "snobs" say about that person and their love of football.

*for the record, I don't mean to suggest you can't like more than one type of entertainment. I like some classical music, some operas, I like football,I like wrestling. I like some high arts, and some commercial pap, as well as some cult entities (Rocky Horror, etc)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Yeah, I was hoping you were going to spin some intellectual sociology/pyschology answer out! Cheers anyway.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
edge edge edge edge edge edge

not a bad show - punk's rumble performance was AWESOME, triple h going early was a bonus, michaels FLIPPING out was nice, and of course edge returning to win has delighted me in a big way - glad i stayed up for it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just to say (having not personally watched WWF/WWE in years) anyone here who has posted the usual

"it's not real you idiots"
"grow up it's staged"
"etc"

OBVIOUSLY none of you watch Britain's Got Talent, or The X Factor, correct? Because that would make you MASSIVE hyppocrites...

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
What a great PPV, really pleased Edge won & was glad that Cena was in it till the end as once HBK was out I was sure Cena was gonna win it so was a great suprise for the Rated R Superstar to win!!

Looks like Legacy is actaully over now, im guessing it will either be a triple threat or a handicap match at WM

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can't stand edge. Who won the other fights?

- Undertaker beat Mysterio (World Heavyweight Title)
- Sheamus beat Orton by DQ (WWE Title)
- Miz beat MVP (US Title)
- Christian beat Ezekiel Jackson (ECW Title)
- Mickie won the Women's Title

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here