Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF is going on with NSC

Seagull_AA

Nov 1, 2004
Battle, Sussex
eZboard is the best but I didnt think you lot want to pay?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seagull_AA said:
eZboard is the best but I didnt think you lot want to pay?
We have no issue with paying and have the ability to do so.

NSC runs on vBulletin which cost £100 or so to buy.

Hosting runs at £30 - £40 per month depending on bandwith usage.

One of the free/nearly free hosted boards is not for NSC - we have a fully customisable board, 3500 registered members and tens of thousands of post history. We want to keep all that.

Seagull_AA

Nov 1, 2004
Battle, Sussex
ah.

Just to be honest, I don't like the structure of this forum, plus, its blocked by the school filter for some reason. ;)

I am on this other board which was originally on eZboard but got fed up with the cost. The administrator was reluctant too move because a number of members and posts there. But what he did was 'locked' the old board at eZboard and kept it for Read Only.

But whether a move would be good for NSC, I don't no...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I haven't had a problem today.:bounce:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Been a bit on the slow side since about 6 but no 504 ( or whatever they are ) errors.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Marson said:
How has it been over the last 24 hours? I'm trying to gauge the performance of this new software.

No problems as far as I can see. A little slow at times perhaps, but I'm still on dial-up anyway, so maybe my connection speed doesn't help.

Marson

Dec 4, 2003
Philadelphia, US
bha.fatboy said:
Been a bit on the slow side since about 6 but no 504 ( or whatever they are ) errors.

The software that throws those errors is called mod_throttle. Fortunately, it doesn't exist for Apache2 so I wasn't able to include your favorite feature in this build ;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
No problems as far as I can see. A little slow at times perhaps, but I'm still on dial-up anyway, so maybe my connection speed doesn't help.
Dial-up! *snigger*

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Simster said:
Dial-up! *snigger*

Innit? BT f***ed up the phone lines in my street ages ago, and for some reason this stops us from having broadband. Don't know the technicalities, but they've been promising to sort it out for about a year and a half. I feel another angry phone call coming on.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here