Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF Has happened.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree people are entitled to their opinion but the level of bitching and moaning is totally out of hand after we loose. It's getting beyond a joke and I start to worry that Gus and Tony may just say f*** you all then and just take off.

I agree but now I just shrug my shoulders and think the moaners are doing themselves no favours.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree that everyone should be more positive. We have lost to 4 teams so far - Leicester, Palace, Ipswich and West Ham. 3 of these teams will probably be in the mix for the play-offs and automatic promotion spots. We have beaten both the weaker teams of the division (Doncaster, Bristol City) and ones who will probably end up around mid-table (Cardiff, Peterborough). My guess is we will finish around 8th-12th this season which is very respectable, especially being the first year back in the Championship. Looking forward to being back in the UK over Christmas - first time at the Amex having got a ticket sorted for the Saints game.

Enjoy you'll love the place!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I refer to the moaners of the moaners to this little snippet...

Ok I accept your point (and not saying I entirely disagree with you) but are others not allowed their point of views? even if they are negative, and would it not be more prudent to put up an eduacted debate with others rather than putting up something like you have that will (and already has, see above) only provoke a reaction.

I can see you are an eduacated man so I know you are more than capable of better than your original post :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well that is what my post is. Its a reply to the moaners. I hope it educates them.

So why didn't you make a reply on a thread as opposed to making a statement... it is attention seeking isn't it? Or should all the moaners you moan about start their own threads to get their point across to educate you?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
So why didn't you make a reply on a thread as opposed to making a statement... it is attention seeking isn't it? Or should all the moaners you moan about start their own threads to get their point across to educate you?

No it's not attention seeking at all. I am just getting it off my chest in the hope that people may read it and think "actually I am being a little dramatic". Alot of them do start thier own threads to moan about things. Why are you defending these people out of interest?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No it's not attention seeking at all. I am just getting it off my chest in the hope that people may read it and think "actually I am being a little dramatic". Alot of them do start thier own threads to moan about things. Why are you defending these people out of interest?

I'm not I'm just pointing out that you are no better than them. And I agree you are being very over dramatic.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I'm not I'm just pointing out that you are no better than them. And I agree you are being very over dramatic.

Sorry but I don't see how I am as bad as them. Because I start a thread standing up for the club and team and suggesting people should get behind us not moan about every little thing? you may think I am being over dramatic but I think you'll find alot of people agree with me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry but I don't see how I am as bad as them. Because I start a thread standing up for the club and team and suggesting people should get behind us not moan about every little thing? you may think I am being over dramatic but I think you'll find alot of people agree with me.

Hence the attention seeking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think LB's point is that there are already a PLETHORA of threads knocking about on NSC at the moment with the threadstarter ranting at the moaners, and yours is another one. Your points are as valid as theirs of course, but there are quite a few, you are by no means a lone voice.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Right here I go I can't stand it anymore and I have to have a rant.

WHAT THE f*** IS WRONG WITH SOME OF OUR "FANS".

Why are people suddenly slamming the way we play. Alright we have had a poor run but anyone that thinks we should stop playing the tippy tappy game is a total moron and knows nothing about football at all. With a little bit more quality in the team we would have (and in the future will) rip teams like West Ham apart. A little bit of calm is required I know we live in a must have it now world but just wait. Expecting to be in the top 3 is totally unrealistic, midtable is fine. WE WILL NOT GO DOWN.

The football landscape is changing for us and the tippy tappy is the future, just cause Beagrie, Curbishley and Alladyce think we still ought to not play it from the back does not mean its true. Stop listening to pundits people and make your own mind up. Bottom line is Spain and Barca are leading the way. All teams at all levels can play this way and one day will. We are head of our time in playing style and stadium and infurstructure. Its tough to be some of the first but we will see the benefits soon.

But I don't think we are really playing tippy tappy football at the moment, passing the ball between 2 central defenders 10 times, gaining no ground, and eventually lauching it forward is not tippy tappy. Watched both Spain & Barca recently and they simply don't do this. Almost every pass is positive and incisive, their movement in midfield is amazing and there are always great options for the player with the ball and they work bloody hard to play that way. Contrast that with us last night, loads of possession but achieved bugger all most of the time. We could still be playing now and not have created a decent chance. The problem is that at this level we haven't got players who think and move quickly enough to play the sort of tippy tappy that would scare decent championship sides. Our first thought is to pass the ball backwards, usually our players are facing our goal when they receive the ball, so the ball inevitably ends up with a defender who is then put under pressure and has to make a hurried clearance. It's not that tippy tappy is wrong, clearly when you watch Spain/Barca it's totally the right way to play, we just need better players to play that way effectively at this level, or we adjust our style to suit the strengths of the players we have got.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think LB's point is that there are already a PLETHORA of threads knocking about on NSC at the moment with the threadstarter ranting at the moaners, and yours is another one. Your points are as valid as theirs of course, but there are quite a few, you are by no means a lone voice.

I am aware of that hence the part of my post that says "I know this has been said before".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
this.

People were complaining, and other people were saying, we're playing well, but not getting the results. Then, we started getting them. It'll come. Gus and the team are finding their feet.

I was just thinking, the situation we're in now REALLY reminds me of when Gus first started changing our tactics. A lot of people couldn't understand what was being achieved, and would only look at the cold hard results, not what was happening to the style of play. Fast forward a few months - we're SIXTEEN POINTS CLEAR at the top of League One.

The same people who couldn't see it then don't seem to be able to see it now. We're having to evolve again to become a good Championship side. It'll take time and we will lose games along the way as Gus learns which players can cut it and which can't. But I am certain that we will be a very good Championship side within the next 20 months.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
But I don't think we are really playing tippy tappy football at the moment, passing the ball between 2 central defenders 10 times, gaining no ground, and eventually lauching it forward is not tippy tappy. Watched both Spain & Barca recently and they simply don't do this. Almost every pass is positive and incisive, their movement in midfield is amazing and there are always great options for the player with the ball and they work bloody hard to play that way. Contrast that with us last night, loads of possession but achieved bugger all most of the time. We could still be playing now and not have created a decent chance. The problem is that at this level we haven't got players who think and move quickly enough to play the sort of tippy tappy that would scare decent championship sides. Our first thought is to pass the ball backwards, usually our players are facing our goal when they receive the ball, so the ball inevitably ends up with a defender who is then put under pressure and has to make a hurried clearance. It's not that tippy tappy is wrong, clearly when you watch Spain/Barca it's totally the right way to play, we just need better players to play that way effectively at this level, or we adjust our style to suit the strengths of the players we have got.

Thats what I am saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here