Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU Food kiosk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This. Amazed that only the two end tills were not cash only. So much for encouraging fans to top up their e-card!!

The 'cash only' tills accept the e-cash it's just that at, at least one, the e-reader wasn't working. The 'cash only' till next to it served us with e-cash. It is just poor signage

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
E-Cash is being phased out in favour of contactless. Now there's no incentive to use it there's not enough takeup or benefit to make it financially viable to the club

Contactless and E-Cash can run at the same time. Contactless is just a method of payment for smaller transactions.
If e-cash goes then it's not being replaced by contactless as they could have had them on the previous card machines. But YesPay didn't have contactless on their Epos enabled terminals.
They've gone from Yes-Pay probably with Barclaycard processing to Global Payments with GP own card terminals. Likely because of cost.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
But they have when most people buy food and drink 2.30pm until kick off and half time.

The idea is to encourage people to buy food and drinks at less busy times, therefore lessening the queues at busy times, spreading the workload, making service more efficient.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But they have when most people buy food and drink 2.30pm until kick off and half time.

Then get there earlier. That's the whole point of the discounts; to encourage people to get in the ground rather than drink elsewhere or that there isn't a late surge through the turnstiles. You have a choice, drink elsewhere or outside (assume they don't give a discount outside the ground but stand to be corrected) and don't get the discount or get there a little earlier, get the discount and shorter queues.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At the far end of WSU with North stand, went down exactly in half time, no pies. Went down central kiosk and pretty much choice of anything

Oh, I didn't know it was a different chilli pie. I hope it was as nice as the original one, even if I didn't get the chance to taste it :tantrum:

Wouldn't know if it was nice or not to be honest.

Piglets Pies are the worst football pies I have come across in 30 years. Overpriced rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here