Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WSL numbers out - are YOU excited?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’ve genuinely not a big fan of the Barber regime for stuff like ignoring long-standing fans on flasks (a ruse to make us buy their stuff) and other cheese pairing nonsense to grind an extra penny out of all of us.

But the strong promotion of the women’s game is one of the excellent things they do. The good it does in attracting a new generation of fans is surely outweighed by the near zero inconvenience of clicking past an unwanted email
You conveniently ignore the annoyance it causes on smart devices which often display the title of the email and nothing else. Things like 'Brighton sign England international'. When that flicks up on my watch at work, I can't look at the email immediately and am invariably disappointed. Much like var has taken the moment from scoring a goal, I now feel deflated if I see such things. Couldn't hurt to just add the word 'women's' could it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Handily, the squad has rated you too...

1. N
2. N
3. N
4. N
5. N
6. N
7. N
8. N
9. N
10. N
11. N
12. N
13. N
14. N
15. N
16. N
17. N
18. N
19. M (10+ pints)
20. N
21. N
27. N

I wonder what the ladies verdict would be at the squad pictures of NSC detractors. A few less 'Y' me thinks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You conveniently ignore the annoyance it causes on smart devices which often display the title of the email and nothing else. Things like 'Brighton sign England international'. When that flicks up on my watch at work, I can't look at the email immediately and am invariably disappointed. Much like var has taken the moment from scoring a goal, I now feel deflated if I see such things. Couldn't hurt to just add the word 'women's' could it?

But imagine the real disappointment should you open the email and find it’s the men’s team and we have signed one of the clowns from Gareth Southgate’s team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That was literally the point of the message you quoted.

Indeed, I quoted the wrong post. Haven't had my coffee yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here