Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrighty...legend

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy. He had so many knockbacks in the early part of his career (including one from us of course), but he kept going, pursued his dream and through bloody hard work and eventually a bit of luck, he made it into the big time and even represented his country. A totally honest pro and a credit to his profession.

Now he's carved himself out a media career with TalkSport and Sky. Good luck to the bloke. Other than being a Palace legend, there really is NOTHING to dislike about him. He could have been an Albion legend if some dickhead had recognised his talent when he rolled up at the Goldstone.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
HAD recognised!

Thank you, Easy :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes.
You will have noticed my sleight of hand with the editing :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Comes across to me as incredibly cocky, mouthy twat. Never listen to the radio but everytime he's appeared on the telly I find myself instantly flipping the channel.

The Eastenders accent does him no favours admittedly, but thats just his background, its where he's from. And yes, he used to irritate me a bit when he was in a BBC studio on the tellybox.

He is genuinely entertaining on the radio though, and is a lot more astute than he is given credit for. And for what he achieved in the game (overcoming a horrendous broken leg as well), I find myself doffing a cap to him.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I was lucky enough to play golf at a nice course in Surrey yesterday, went to the practise green & none other than Ian Wright was getting in some practise. After he finished I went over & had a chat & I have got to say, the bloke is a true gentleman.

Ian Wright, he's alright:thumbsup:

Oh no, you have just done the thing that makes me cringe most when listening to Talksport, refer to him as a legend like all the other lickers do who call up!

He is not a legend, he was a good club footballer who scored a lot of goals.. How does that make someone a legend?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Oh no, you have just done the thing that makes me cringe most when listening to Talksport, refer to him as a legend like all the other lickers do who call up!

He is not a legend, he was a good club footballer who scored a lot of goals.. How does that make someone a legend?

Second top goalscorer for one of the top teams in the country, someone who arrived onto the professional scene aged 22 and someone who by all accounts had been written of by everyone (including us) to me that sums up someone who has worked their arse of to get where they are, even though he is palace he comes across as a top bloke so fair play to him.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Second top goalscorer for one of the top teams in the country, someone who arrived onto the professional scene aged 22 and someone who by all accounts had been written of by everyone (including us) to me that sums up someone who has worked their arse of to get where they are, even though he is palace he comes across as a top bloke so fair play to him.

I dont disagree with you, the boy did good, but legend?

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Just casting my mind back to when he called that nasty Thelidomide linesman a "f***ing spastic". Or the time he told an African traffic warden to "f*** off back to his own country". What a classy chap. Oh I could listen to his nonsensicle bullshit for hours.

Ian Wright, he's alright :wanker:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Lickers:lolol: Mate this is only a football forum & legend is only used as a figure of speech. I don't think me or anyone else think Wrighty is bigger than jesus or anything, he's just earned some respect in our small, footballing world.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think he's a top bloke. I much admired him as a player and as a pundit I respect the fact that he speaks his mind. He's far more interesting than most.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he got better then, because whenever I've seen him on tv sports progammes, he's come across as a bit cringeworthy with his black and white (move along no pun intended) and not very articulate views.

I remember some evening game at the Goldstone in something like the Zenith Data Cup where he scored very late on for Palace and celebrated like he'd just won the FA Cup. I had a lot of time for him as a player.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Has he got better then, because whenever I've seen him on tv sports progammes, he's come across as a bit cringeworthy with his black and white (move along no pun intended) and not very articulate views.

I remember some evening game at the Goldstone in something like the Zenith Data Cup where he scored very late on for Palace and celebrated like he'd just won the FA Cup. I had a lot of time for him as a player.

I remember that game.
To be fair, we had spent virtually the whole 90 minutes singing " Ian Wright is full of shit":smile: so expect he deserved to give a bit back.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was lucky enough to play golf at a nice course in Surrey yesterday, went to the practise green & none other than Ian Wright was getting in some practise. After he finished I went over & had a chat & I have got to say, the bloke is a true gentleman.

Ian Wright, he's alright:thumbsup:

What course was that Mr Slicker?

Who was Wrighty playing with?

Surrey cricketers use to have a soceity at Bramley Golf Club, Surrey and i met the famous Mr Bruce grobberlar (sp) and less famous David Howells (Ex Spurs) those boys could strike a ball!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I wouldn't want my new mate Wrighty to be mobbed so lets just say it is in Surrey & it's National,:wink: near Caterham. He was just getting in some practice before he went to do his radio show.
When I was a member of Wildwood, Rodney Marsh used to be up there a lot, bit of a dick imo.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
we made no mistake in rejecting wright,two players had a trial and we only had need of the better player so rejected wright and signed the much more talented option.

If memory doesn't fail me, twas that internationally famous superstar Robert Codner that got the Gig.
But the fact wright CHOSE to sign for the palarse SCUM proved a fatal flaw in the man's judgement.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wouldn't want my new mate Wrighty to be mobbed so lets just say it is in Surrey & it's National,:wink: near Caterham. He was just getting in some practice before he went to do his radio show.
When I was a member of Wildwood, Rodney Marsh used to be up there a lot, bit of a dick imo.

What are you suggesting Slicker NSC members are potential stalkers!!

:ohmy:

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here