Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrighty...legend

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I was lucky enough to play golf at a nice course in Surrey yesterday, went to the practise green & none other than Ian Wright was getting in some practise. After he finished I went over & had a chat & I have got to say, the bloke is a true gentleman.

Ian Wright, he's alright:thumbsup:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I was lucky enough to play golf at a nice course in Surrey yesterday, went to the practise green & none other than Ian Wright was getting in some practise. After he finished I went over & had a chat & I have got to say, the bloke is a true gentleman.

Ian Wright, he's alright:thumbsup:
Clearly a wind-up, Slicker. A golf club, in Surrey of all places, allowing a coloured chappie on to the greens?

:ohmy:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Clearly a wind-up, Slicker. A golf club, in Surrey of all places, allowing a coloured chappie on to the greens?

:ohmy:

Being 'Wrighty' he transcends the colour barrier. Had he been your bog standard field or house negro he would have got both barrels of a twelve bore and/or been arrested for possession of offensive weapons (golf clubs) in a public place.

:wink:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Blimey, just 2 borderline dodgy replies.:down:
It seems the great & good of NSC would rather discuss the benefits of a man sized pink & white striped shirt than a NATIONAL TREASURE.
What did I expect? you say. I don't know. maybe someone would agree with me, someone else would then say they aren't keen on him, then the knowall one says he met him when he had trials at the albion back in the day & so on.
f*** me the ones who seem to appear on every thread for no apparent reason haven't even bothered nor the 16 year old supporters from other clubs.
I know, I'll start again...

Guess who I saw at the golf course yesterday?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Blimey, just 2 borderline dodgy replies.:down:
It seems the great & good of NSC would rather discuss the benefits of a man sized pink & white striped shirt than a NATIONAL TREASURE.
What did I expect? you say. I don't know. maybe someone would agree with me, someone else would then say they aren't keen on him, then the knowall one says he met him when he had trials at the albion back in the day & so on.
f*** me the ones who seem to appear on every thread for no apparent reason haven't even bothered nor the 16 year old supporters from other clubs.
I know, I'll start again...

Guess who I saw at the golf course yesterday?

Scratch that:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wright is a top notch broadcaster. The dull half hour drive home from work is INFINITELY more entertaining with him on the wireless.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Wright is a top notch broadcaster. The dull half hour drive home from work is INFINITELY more entertaining with him on the wireless.

:thumbsup: and remember, his radio show on thursday was inspired by meeting the R. Slicker

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Once upon a time I had the smalllest atom of respect for you........... all gone now.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can't stand the palarse cunt - would have been sorely tempted to smash his f***ing face in with my pitching wedge. :guns:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I can't stand the palarse cunt - would have been sorely tempted to smash his f***ing face in with my pitching wedge. :guns:

He's got no axe to grind with BHA - In fact, when DK was on (promoting something or other last year) and invited IW to have a part in the game, although he never took part, he wished us all well and had good things to say in general.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Shame, I was quite impressed by him. seems a decent approachable bloke & a proper football supporter. I also think although he got his start at palace, he has shown far more loyalty to Arsenal.
Thinking about it, He's a Millwall fan isn't he?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fantastic player who i amired alot.A joy to watch.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Absolute legend, i saw him play at the goldstone for Arsenal reserves in the early 90's when he was taken off i ran to the bench for his autograph-he said i'll do better than that and gave me his shin pads, i promptly ran to my old man who then minor bollocked me and said to get them signed (which i did)
I love the bloke for that and as for him being a palarce c--t albion had their chance and turned him down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here