Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham thinks we're a bit of alright!

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Probably the one you're thinking of is 'Wrexham is the name' to the tune of 'Men of Harlech'.

History only tells the story,
We are here to see our glory,
Stand aside, the reds are coming,
Wrexham is the name

We also sing Wrexham Lager to the Tune of Cwm Rhondda (Guide Me, O, Thou Great Redeemer/Bread of Heaven) but that tune should be familiar to you.
Thanks Mate!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Glad you had a good time!
Your fans were a credit and the pre-match presentation was very well received by all!

Question for you... your lot repeatedly sang a song I've heard before but couldn't put my finger on it; is it a Welsh hymn or anthem?
My better half is a lovely Welsh lass and I wanted to tell her what it was... she was singing various tunes to me, but I didn't recognise it amongst them!

Cheers!

Maybe it's one you might have heard in Zulu as the mainly Welsh garrison competed with singing of the Zulu hordes? Great scene.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I enjoy a good pitch invasion. Brighton have a great tradition of them. Leaving aside the famous York City game, other one's that spring to mind are Ipswich away when 3000 Brighton fans dressed as Elvis went on the pitch. Shrewsbury away was pretty big, and the last game of every season in the late 70's at the goldstone were pretty special as well. As for pitch invasions in the cup, then its all a part of the cup. Just as Ronnie Radford. So dont be too harsh on the Wrexham lad.

Agree with this...hardly crime of the century is it? I remember a pretty good one many years ago at Brentford in the cup, after Garry Nelsons wonder goal (the one he claims was the best of his career) I'm pretty sure of few of you would of been involved in that one! Ah the memories!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Brilliant fans. Met a lot of friendly Wrexham supporters in Lewes enjoying a few pints before the match.

Wanted to get a song started of "There's only one Gary Speed" or "only one Speedo" in the north stand to show how much he was loved in Wales and throughout football.

Should be a good atmosphere at the Racecourse ground, especially if there's a big team waiting in round four.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Great set of fans, they were singing throughout and the noise when they scored the noise was sensational! Their players got a deserved clap from both sets of fans. Pitch invader was just over excited I suppose.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just think, if the guy who ran onto the pitch hadnt, then we wouldnt have seen such a great take down, neck high - fabulous effort. haha (I hope they take a lenient approach with the fella.)

Good luck to Wrexham this year, they are a great club and deserve success. It was a pleasure to have them visit the Amex!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
thoroughly enjoyed yesterday, I thought the game was pretty even and of a very high standard, proper passing football, long balls were few and far between and I was very impressed with Wrexham and our own development lot. The future is very bright for both Wrexham and Brighton and there fans deserve the BSP Title and another long stay in the football league. Great noise made by them yesterday and they looked like they had a great day which is what the FA Cup is all about.

For what its worth I actually fancy them for the replay and I think they will turn us over. But if Gus plays the kids again, then theres no shame in that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just think, if the guy who ran onto the pitch hadnt, then we wouldnt have seen such a great take down, neck high - fabulous effort. haha (I hope they take a lenient approach with the fella.)

/QUOTE]

don't forget the Wrexham fan who took himself out whilst unsuccessfully trying to jump an advertising board behind the goal..................then was calmly led away by a steward.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

/QUOTE]

don't forget the Wrexham fan who took himself out whilst unsuccessfully trying to jump an advertising board behind the goal..................then was calmly led away by a steward.

LOL - missed that . good spot!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
As opposed to the full youth team your manager disrespected your 200 travelling fans and the derby players and fans. Sounds far worse to me.

Haha 200 travelling fans:lolol::lolol:

Oct 6, 2010
this tickled me, from the same thread....

"One thing that made me laugh was when the sprinklers popped out of the ground, there was an audible 'oooooo' (me included)."

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
thoroughly enjoyed yesterday as did the young un. loved the stadium too. the prematch build up was excellent. im currently uploading a slideshow of pics from the day which will be on Red Passion pretty soon. feel free to copy the link and share. i dont think i,ve posted enough to be able to post links yet. (whats that all about?)
a great bond between two famous clubs just got stronger. good luck for the rest of the season (bar the Racecourse).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here