Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham thinks we're a bit of alright!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
There seems to be a genuine warmth from Dragons towards The Albion.
From the official Wrexham FC site..... "BRIGHTON ROCKS! IF anyone needed reminding of what it's like back in The Football League, then for the 2,000 travelling Reds at the Amex - it was the wonderful day we experienced with our friends from the south coast.

While the stadium might be a little isolated next to the A27 and in between two universities right on the boundary of Brighton and Lewes, it's a shining example of what a new ground should be - fan friendly... "

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems like they had a great day. The fans were a great example to any visitors to the Amex.

Bar the idiot that may get a 3 year ban for running on the pitch when they scored

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What a refreshing change from all the whinging Scummers of last week, here's to Wrexham being a League club again next season.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
They were a great crowd, and sung well (Welsh pastime though) The dopey pitch invader will get what he deserves. I hope they get back up into the league soon. They are just too big for the BSP.

Feb 14, 2010
I enjoy a good pitch invasion. Brighton have a great tradition of them. Leaving aside the famous York City game, other one's that spring to mind are Ipswich away when 3000 Brighton fans dressed as Elvis went on the pitch. Shrewsbury away was pretty big, and the last game of every season in the late 70's at the goldstone were pretty special as well. As for pitch invasions in the cup, then its all a part of the cup. Just as Ronnie Radford. So dont be too harsh on the Wrexham lad.

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
Genuinely very impressed by the setup you've got at Falmer. Loved the fact you had a Welsh beer on tap in the away end - you didn't bring enough though - it had gone by kickoff - and there was no Wrexham Lager :( The whole club seemed to have gone out of their way to make the away fans feel welcome.

The stewards were excellent and dealt very well with a boisterous but good-natured Wrexham crowd with good humour. Was nice to see the away fans mingling with the home fans in the North stand concourse after the game. Really turns a negative (long waits for trains) into a positive.

I may have left my voice somewhere in Sussex so if anyone finds it, can they post it back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Genuinely very impressed by the setup you've got at Falmer. Loved the fact you had a Welsh beer on tap in the away end - you didn't bring enough though - it had gone by kickoff - and there was no Wrexham Lager :( The whole club seemed to have gone out of their way to make the away fans feel welcome.

The stewards were excellent and dealt very well with a boisterous but good-natured Wrexham crowd with good humour. Was nice to see the away fans mingling with the home fans in the North stand concourse after the game. Really turns a negative (long waits for trains) into a positive.

I may have left my voice somewhere in Sussex so if anyone finds it, can they post it back.

Your lot were extremely underwhelmed by the Cardiff Brains beer available in Dicks Bar after the game.

I had a pint of it - not bad,

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"Just a perfect day.

There's nowhere in the UK like Brighton so got there early for a stroll along the beach and pier. I'm as straight as they come but I love the chilled out gay vibe of Kemp Town, and the North Laines with its street cafe culture and outdoor antique markets. Shame I had a match to go to!

If Carlsberg made football clubs...everything about the matchday experience was top drawer and better than anything I've seen in the Premiership. Ace system at Brighton railway station to get to Falmer, friendly/helpful/welcoming stewards, I had to pick up my ticket from the Brighton shop which was chocka full of people and quality stuff. Only downside was that I couldn't get into Dick's Bar due to the one-in-one out system...queued for 15 mins and knew its was time to give up when somebody coming out said it was "full of Wrexham...they aren't going anywhere!". Great facilities inside the ground and superb stadium.

If only all football clubs were as good as this. Can we have the replay there as well?

I've got an interview with American Express in 2 weeks time which will require moving to the area. Really, really want that job now."

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
There seems to be a genuine warmth from Dragons towards The Albion.
From the official Wrexham FC site..... "BRIGHTON ROCKS! IF anyone needed reminding of what it's like back in The Football League, then for the 2,000 travelling Reds at the Amex - it was the wonderful day we experienced with our friends from the south coast.

While the stadium might be a little isolated next to the A27 and in between two universities right on the boundary of Brighton and Lewes, it's a shining example of what a new ground should be - fan friendly... "

Pity your manager direspected them by playing the youth team then.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne

Glad you had a good time!
Your fans were a credit and the pre-match presentation was very well received by all!

Question for you... your lot repeatedly sang a song I've heard before but couldn't put my finger on it; is it a Welsh hymn or anthem?
My better half is a lovely Welsh lass and I wanted to tell her what it was... she was singing various tunes to me, but I didn't recognise it amongst them!

Cheers!

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
Glad you had a good time!
Your fans were a credit and the pre-match presentation was very well received by all!

Question for you... your lot repeatedly sang a song I've heard before but couldn't put my finger on it; is it a Welsh hymn or anthem?
My better half is a lovely Welsh lass and I wanted to tell her what it was... she was singing various tunes to me, but I didn't recognise it amongst them!

Cheers!

Probably the one you're thinking of is 'Wrexham is the name' to the tune of 'Men of Harlech'.

History only tells the story,
We are here to see our glory,
Stand aside, the reds are coming,
Wrexham is the name

We also sing Wrexham Lager to the Tune of Cwm Rhondda (Guide Me, O, Thou Great Redeemer/Bread of Heaven) but that tune should be familiar to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here