Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham reject Guterman's bid.

According to Sky Sports at lunchtime, apparently. "The revised offer from a consortium lead by former Chairman Mark Gutterman has been rejected".

This leaves two options open:- Administration or Liquidation.

The Club will make an announcement at 4.00pm.

Let's hope it's voluntary administration, paving the way for deferment of tomorrow's court case and a new owner being brought in (ideally the Supporters' Trust).

The 10 points deduction is a high price to pay, but the best option in the circumstances.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
I'm pretty sure its admin, 20 more minutes to wait. ON Friday the two directors were preparing us for admin if Guttermans bid was rejected!

I love administration! :lolol:

Shouldn't get too carried away but I'm 80% sure it will be administration!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It is a sad day in football when you are waiting in hope that your footnball club is going to go in to administration. All I can say is that I hope that this is the point in which you turn the corner and can start to see an end to this nighmare.:(

Seagull Stew

Is 10 points the maximum penalty or the mandatory penalty for administration now.
If it's the former, then surely the FA will show some kind of leniency given the circumstances.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Mandatory I think. The 10 point deduction will see them fall to 23rd, just one point about Stockport - although points aren't important here, its about saving the club.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Dawsey said:
Mandatory I think. The 10 point deduction will see them fall to 23rd, just one point about Stockport - although points aren't important here, its about saving the club.

Bloody hell yeah, it's all about saving the club. This is really quite emotional for Albion fans, innit, bringing back all the memories of the gory years. Come on Wrexham, you can do it chaps :clap: :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The FL have also done FA!

It looks like administration - let's hope it buys them some time. The more I get close to this the more it reminds me of how Archer and Bellotti and Stanley (and their predecessors!) fecke dup our club .... almost a carbon copy

Hopefully the administrator will see the sense of trading the Club out of administration - in other words, they will honour the contractual commitments to the players, rather than sell them. And Wrexham will survive in League One.

The quick fix is to flog the best players, of course.

And they do have to deal with the Inland Revenue's demands.

But maybe the administrator will get to the bottom of what Hamilton and Guterman have been up to - and make a claim against one or both of them?

And don't forget that Hamilton still owns the ground.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Come on! Its admin! :clap2:

Your right it is a sad day, but Gutterman, liquidation or admin!

Its a 10 point penalty, it leaves us second bottam. With the squad we have we can stay up.

Sadly it will mean a few players leaving.

Hector Sam - useless most of the time, we won't miss him too much!

Carlos Edwards - would be a real loss but is injured until january and we have coped with him so far this year

Craig Morgan - great young talent but isn't a regular

Dennis Lawrence - another massive loss, the big centre half, 6"7,we'd miss him greatly

According to our assitant manager at the last trust meeting, all the team our prepared for admin.

There is a light at the end of that long tunnel!

:clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a very sad day for football.:(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How much was the offer (approx.) does anybody know?

I have heard that the offer is over a £1 million over the price Hamilton paid for the ground, something like £1.6 million. I think this was one Radio 5 by one of the Supporter's Trust group?

He continued by saying the money will be recouped by some form of property development, which would also be used to pay the Inland Revenue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here