Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham on brink of administration

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
From tonight's Evening Leader .... more reason than ever for as many Seagulls as possible to be at the Racecourse next weekend!!!

If you can't make it then WEAR RED to the Burnley game!

REDS GO TO THE BRINK

Directors: We’re ready to go into administration

WREXHAM FC bosses are today preparing to place the club into administration.
The paperwork, which will hand control of the club to an appointed administrator, has been drawn up by club directors Dave Griffiths and Dave Bennett.
They revealed that it is highly likely that Wrexham will be plunged into administration, resulting in the club being docked 10 league points, if ex-chairman Mark Guterman’s bid is rejected by owner Alex Hamilton.
Mr Bennett said this morning: “The paperwork has pretty much been done and we are meeting the administrator and lawyers today to make sure the T’s have been crossed and the I’s dotted in case it comes to that. Hopefully it won’t; hopefully he will accept the offer. If the bid is not accepted, it is likely administration will happen.”
Last night, at a packed fans’ meeting, supporters urged the club’s directors to place Wrexham into administration.
Mr Bennett added: “I understand the fans’ concerns and why they are suggesting administration, but don´t forget that Mark Guterman’s bid is still on the table. I think it will be decided today whether that offer has been accepted.
“But the fans can be reassured that administration is under serious consideration if Mark’s bid is not accepted.”
The Leader understands that the Guterman consortium’s plans do not involve taking the club into administration.
Mr Bennett and fellow director David Griffiths were due to meet the administrator and lawyers this afternoon for crunch talks.
But Mr Bennett said he was still hopeful that a last-ditch bid by former chairman Mark Guterman to buy the club from Mr Hamilton will succeed and administration can be avoided.
A fans’ meeting last night at Wrexham NEWI outlined how close the club is to collapse.
A winding-up petition will be heard in the High Court on Wednesday. It has been lodged by the inland revenue over a £900,000 unpaid tax bill.
The meeting heard that administration, which would see the club continue under the control of the courts, was probably the most viable option, unless a late bid for the club was accepted by Mr Hamilton.
Mr Bennett added: “If we survive next week, we have a massive game against Bristol City on the Saturday.
“We have 1,000 kids coming on the pitch to take part in our new community day. They will be on the pitch before the game and at half time. If we can make it through November we will have five games in December that will be a major boost.
“We have to keep working and try to get as many fans through the turnstiles for the Bristol game as possible.”

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton

On the Left Wing said:
one guy even said he would support us full-time if Wrexham ever go bust - that ought to make all of us feel humble

FANS UNITED will NEVER be defeated

Yep, I know what he means - I've thought about that too.
(in the dark days when I can see no way out)

LOVE YOU GUYS!
:clap2:

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
admin or gutterman? C'mon two daves put us into admin! can't believe im saying that :nono:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
captainmorganrum said:
Yep, I know what he means - I've thought about that too.
(in the dark days when I can see no way out)

LOVE YOU GUYS!
:clap2:

I remember thinking like that when we were at our low. You'll survive it. Just keep fighting. :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Would it be possible for the council to designate the land as for sports stadia only and therefore make the land useless to him?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
If we all go back to that match at Hereford - if it hadn't been for the equaliser I am certain Brighton and Hove Albion would no longer exist - at least only as an amateur side in the Ryman League or something playing on local parks

We kept fighting - and we still are - Wrexham MUST survive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here