Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wrexham live to fight another day

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
just thought you guys might be interested to hear after an amazing day up here in north wales, wrexham fc have been given the green light to start the season on saturday.
supporters from far and wide raised an incredible £104,000 in just over 8 hours to enable the club to satisfy BSP demands. one chap even took the deeds to his house to be used although this gesture was politely declined.
all this whilst our owners claim poverty despite "pocketing" £1.8m last week from the sale of the racecourse and colliers park (training facilty) to the nearby glyndwr university.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
£104,000 in 8 hours from supporters is little short of astonishing. That is a fantastic effort and I am so pleased for you all that it has worked. How are you fixed with the bigger picture though? Doesn't sound like your owners are keeping up their end of the bargain.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good news. Your owners sound like a nightmare though......time to build a bonfire I think.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Met up with some of you a month or so back as you were selling Wrexham gear in the high street raising money for survival. Good news about your survival for another season, but is the ground now sold for redevelopment or have the good guys brought it?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Fight the good fight and hopefully you will prevail. True footy fans all around the country are right behind your cause.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Been following this through Robbie Savage and signed up to help , FANTASTIC news - happy for you guys , has to be said since that day in 2004 I've had a massive soft spot for the Super Red Dragons

keep going :)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've always liked Wrexham. Been to the Racecourse twice and we got let in your social club near the ground. I went through a stage of drinking snakebite and black for a while. Apparently I was swinging my top round during the game. :lolol:

Best of luck for this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Great news! Keep the faith!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'll always have a soft spot for Wrexham for giving me the opportunity to wind up a few Arsenal fans I knew when I was 13. Glad to see you can start the season, now all you need is new owners.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
just thought you guys might be interested to hear after an amazing day up here in north wales, wrexham fc have been given the green light to start the season on saturday.
supporters from far and wide raised an incredible £104,000 in just over 8 hours to enable the club to satisfy BSP demands. one chap even took the deeds to his house to be used although this gesture was politely declined.
all this whilst our owners claim poverty despite "pocketing" £1.8m last week from the sale of the racecourse and colliers park (training facilty) to the nearby glyndwr university.

All the best for the new season, what do Glyndwr University want with the ground, what sort of rent are they going to charging, and perhaps more importantly are they amenable to selling the ground back to the club when it isn't owned by morons?

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
thanks for the kind messages folks. glyndwr uni were originally a partner of the wrexham supporters trust bid but pulled out at the 11th hour and came in with a succesful bid of their own. still waiting to find out what sort of rent they,ll be charging the football club but initial vibes are very positive and the WST endorse the sale to glyndwr. glyndwr can use the ground for all manner of educational purposes (sports scholarships) being one of them. they have mentioned rebuilding both ends of the ground to accomodate classroom facilites amongst other things, something that leeds rhinos have done at headingly with the local uni, and something that the WST were and are keen to pursue.
when i reach 25 posts i,ll post a few links and pics that can update you far better than i.

good luck this season to the seagulls in your fantastic new stadium.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
wow, that's so moving. What a commitment the fans are showing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here