Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham fans to say 'thank you' to Brighton fans

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wrexham | News | Dragon News | Dragon News | Reds Fans Say 'Thank You' To Seagulls

THE FA Cup has a knack for producing romantic ties and Wrexham's trip to face Championship opponents Brighton certainly ticks that box.

When the two sides last met back in the Football League in May 2004, it was the Seagulls' fans who helped raise attention of the Dragons' off the field issues with a red card protest.

Given Brighton's well-documented controversial loss of the Goldstone Ground in 1997, their travelling fans understood just what was at stake that day.

The bond between the two sets of supporters quickly grew with Brighton supporters helping to organise a Fans United day and has remained in place over the intervening years.

"We wanted to recognise the part that Brighton fans have played in our club's survival," explained WST Board Member Mark Williams. "As such, we will be making a presentation to their Supporters' Club representatives just before the kick-off.

"We'll have some 2,000 fans down there and it should make for a fantastic atmosphere. We hope everybody enjoys a memorable day."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wish we just had a 'like' button as on facebook instead of saying 'this'!

I just hope that our new army of returning fans understand what this is all about.

p40237227-4.jpg

p92189966-4.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] I did extensive homework when returning a couple of years ago.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Looking forward to the binfest on here/their forum when they realise that about 15000 of the Albion fans in attendance tomorrow haven't got a clue about the good relations between the two clubs, and will therefore spend the game singing "Who are ya" and dull anti Welsh Songs

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looking forward to the binfest on here/their forum when they realise that about 15000 of the Albion fans in attendance tomorrow haven't got a clue about the good relations between the two clubs, and will therefore spend the game singing "Who are ya" and dull anti Welsh Songs

That is actually very true and I have been thinking that for a couple of days... most Brighton fans are gonna say 'what the f***? it's just a bunch of sheep shaggers' (allegedly) so as not to prejudice myself!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
That is actually very true and I have been thinking that for a couple of days... most Brighton fans are gonna say 'what the f***? it's just a bunch of sheep shaggers' (allegedly) so as not to prejudice myself!

Why will that be the case? I'm only 24 and remember and am fully aware about fans united at Wrexham!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

RRH in anti Brighton fans intelligence shocker. You never know they might explain things over the pa. You really are a whining idiot.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

This. :lolol: I mean we can all see it coming, how many of those there tomorrow will have any idea about the link between the clubs?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
RRH in anti Brighton fans intelligence shocker. You never know they might explain things over the pa. You really are a whining idiot.

Isn't there a presentation to the supporters group pitch side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here