Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham fan in peace

wxmbadger

Dec 13, 2011
Just wanted to say Thank You to every one of the Brighton fans who helped us over the long years of struggle against corrupt property developers, who wanted to kick us out of our ground and let our club go the wall.

I really can't think of a more fitting fixture (although a big perm club away would help our overdraft).

Its good to see you doing so well and we should be able to learn a lot from you.

Marry Xmas and see you in Jan.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have a horrible feeling about this game. I was really impressed with your result against Brentford and your players will be really up for it, given that you need the cup run financially and it's a big game for many of them. Poyet's already been playing down the importance of a cup run and talking about resting players. HUGE shock potential if you ask me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Looking forward to this game, a lot.

Can you give me a better idea of how you are moving on from here? Do you have a reserve of cash to plough in and steady the ship and are you set on staying as a fan owned club or was it just a case of getting rid of the previous board and finding someone else to take over in the long run?

wxmbadger

Dec 13, 2011
Jimmy - We were outstanding at Brentford, especially in the first half. It is the FA cup, so not everything goes the bookies way. Can't wait until 7th Jan. There will be lots of us there for a cold FA Cup adventure.

Barrel - We want to be a fans owned club and have a bit of development at our spiritual home, Cae Ras. No doubt we are in the brown mucky stuff with a projected loss of £700k for the year. Very bad and naughty previous owners who sold our ground to the local University. Happily they want to work with the WST (Wrexham Supporters Trust) and still make a buck. There are lots of fundraising still going on, so expect to see a few buckets collection again.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
How many are you bringing down boss? Hope you don't fill the away end, we tend to lose or draw to teams who fill the away end... well all except forest but they were unlucky.

Scrub that... hope to see the away end full, should be a full house once again at The Amex. Looking forward to it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Jimmy - We were outstanding at Brentford, especially in the first half. It is the FA cup, so not everything goes the bookies way. Can't wait until 7th Jan. There will be lots of us there for a cold FA Cup adventure.

I'm already planning a cheeky tenner on you. I very much hope it goes the other way of course but I just have an inkling. We're not as good as our league position suggests, but that said, if it clicks for us soon and we have better luck with injury niggles we could be very good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just wanted to say Thank You to every one of the Brighton fans who helped us over the long years of struggle against corrupt property developers, who wanted to kick us out of our ground and let our club go the wall.

I really can't think of a more fitting fixture (although a big perm club away would help our overdraft).

Its good to see you doing so well and we should be able to learn a lot from you.

Marry Xmas and see you in Jan.

I followed your story. Is the freehold of the ground now safe from the (alleged) crook?

wxmbadger

Dec 13, 2011
Hamilton is skulking somewhere in leafy Cheshire and would be very brave to come back, we have long memories. Gutterman is living in Monte Carlo (don't ask how or why). ian robbers and geff mo$$ recently departed owners (oh did I mention the student flats built on the car park they stole from the club). I trust we are now well rid of the type of parasite that seem to gravitate towards vulnerable football clubs in this difficult economic climate.

The ground now belongs to our neighbor Glyndwr University (named after the last Welsh King, Owain). They seem genuine landlords and want closer ties. We really hope it all works out.

As for how many will make the trip down south? With a couple of more wins and reasonable weather it could be about 1,200, maybe more. A few bad results and could be just short of 1,000. There are about 10 - 15 fans flying, prob more now we know its about £80 from manchester to Crawley

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks for that.

My mother has just found out she was adopted and her birth father was called Glyndwr Davies, so I come from hardy Welsh stock :)

It never ceases to amaze me that this sort of behaviour from Hamilton et al slips under the radar, but we always hear about The Glazers when the team are not winning. They are out into Diet Europe, so no doubt we will see a Green and Gold protest soon.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Wish you all the best in your fight against the scumbags. Got a niggling feeling that you'll turn us over on the 7th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here