Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - attendance?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I though I had read that Wrexham had sold their initial 2000 and had taken the option of another 500

They have. It's a good day out for them, they haven't forgotten the help we gave them in 2004-ish (and I'm not just talking about scarves), plus it's the 20th anniversary of one of the great third-round upsets v Arsenal, which no doubt they'll be out to celebrate in style. Looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe even VICENTE might start earning his wages...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gus said fringe players and a weakened side, does Vincente qualify for that, or does he need a bit of time in the stiffs to see if he's up to it?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We dont know how many 1901s will actually turn up so the actual attendance may be a bit less than the tickets sold. I reckon there were 4k tickets available yesterday plus maybe 500 in the away end, plus the unused comps and no shows from those with tickets (1901s etc) so maybe just over 17k

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
They have. It's a good day out for them, they haven't forgotten the help we gave them in 2004-ish (and I'm not just talking about scarves), plus it's the 20th anniversary of one of the great third-round upsets v Arsenal, which no doubt they'll be out to celebrate in style. Looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe even VICENTE might start earning his wages...

and of course the scorer of the goal that knocked Arsenal out, played for both clubs!
thomas2_small.jpg

Micky_Thomas_Man_Utd_001.jpg

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I decided today to delay my winter break by a day and having already given my season ticket to a relative ..had to buy one...eek...jus don't like missing out on the Amex experience....i predict a tight game though..maybe even a shock

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With today's announcement on loyalty points needed for Palace away , there could be a late scramble for tickets.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and of course the scorer of the goal that knocked Arsenal out, played for both clubs!

Ahem. To be pedantic, that's not strictly true. Thomas scored Wrexham's first goal, they won 2-1 and a lad called Steve Watkin scored the winner. But Thomas got all the publicity because his goal was a scorcher and he was a well known "character", in the football world.

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011
I'm taking the oppurtunity to try out the WSU. Normally sit in the East with the Family, so we thought it would be worth checking out another view. Row 750 or something

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm taking the oppurtunity to try out the WSU. Normally sit in the East with the Family, so we thought it would be worth checking out another view. Row 750 or something

Yup. After this game I'll have ticked off WSU, WSL, East and South stands (not all during the Wrexham game before someone says it).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
I'm on there right now!
[not enough posts for url links for me]- RedPassion.co.uk - Wrexham[/url]

Definitely don't look at Redpassion.com. That's a whole new kettle of fish.

I made that mistake in work once and my blood went cold when I realised it wasn't going to my favourite site. Luckily it was a Red Wine lovers site.

With today's announcement on loyalty points needed for Palace away , there could be a late scramble for tickets.

I remember trawling down to Crawley last year for our match with them which was a week or two before their FA cup clash with Man Utd. It was their biggest crowd due to the token scheme to get ticket for the FA cup tie.

Spent much of the match singing

"You've only come for your Nectar Points
Come for your Nectar Points.... etc"

along with

"You're just a small Check-in in Gatwick"

Last edited:

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
I made that mistake in work once and my blood went cold when I realised it wasn't going to my favourite site. Luckily it was a Red Wine lovers site.

I remember trawling down to Crawley last year for our match with them which was a week or two before their FA cup clash with Man Utd. It was their biggest crowd due to the token scheme to get ticket for the FA cup tie.

Spent much of the match singing

"You've only come for your Nectar Points
Come for your Nectar Points.... etc"

along with

"You're just a small Check-in in Gatwick"

I quite enjoyed 'what's it like to see a game?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here