Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - A Less Dramatic Report Of Developments

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Disregard the over-emotional nonsense on the other thread. It seems that Wrexham's future is not looking anywhere near as bleak as has been suggested. Here is what the BBC have to say about the latest developments at the Racecourse:

The businessman hoping to buy Wrexham Football Club has said he is "astounded" at reports that the deal could be in jeopardy.

He spoke after reports that the club's owner Alex Hamilton told a newspaper he is once again open to offers for the club, which has debts of around £4m.

Surrey-based Andy Smith, who has been the frontrunner to buy the League One club, said he is seeking advice. He wants to build a hotel, shops and flats next to the Racecourse ground.

Last month, Mr Hamilton agreed a deal in principle to sell his share of the club and the stadium to Mr Smith. However, in the Daily Post on Friday, Mr Hamilton said he would speak to other parties interested in buying the club.

"Mr Smith's exclusivity deal came to an end on Monday and the club's administrators have asked me today to open up the prospect for discussion with alternative interested parties," he is quoted as saying.

Andy Smith told BBC Wales that he had telephoned the administrators Begbies Traynor and is awaiting their reply. "We're only waiting for the paperwork to do the exchange of contracts. I have the backers, that's not a problem," he said.

"I don't know why he's done this and I'm seeking advice. I am astounded by his remarks. I'm trying to clarify what's going on and I'm contacting the administrators," he added.

The administrators have previously said the survival of the club is dependent on former chairman and majority shareholder Mr Hamilton selling his 78% stake.

If Mr Smith bought the club he would knock down the Kop stand and replace it as an all-seater stand.

Meanwhile, the council has confirmed that if the deal does go ahead it would still be keen to buy the stadium and lease it back.

Administrators handling the club's financial affairs have said it has "core debts" of around £2.5m, including £1m owed to the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise.

There is also a long-term debt of nearly £2m, including a Sports Council grant, for ground improvements at the Racecourse in the 1990s.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So really its just all the usual attention seekers with not much beter to do on a Friday afternoon than preach about a club that was up shit creek long before that Hamilton bloke got involved.

Funny that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hopefully we wont have to wade through about 30 Wrexham threads on here now when there are much more important things going on like Paris Hilton, Chavs and people having their gonads removed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Laughing Bluebird is in Purdew-land.

Well done Percy, just out-random the Idiots :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Who are the idiots?

uppercla.jpg

These are the twits, but I couldn't find any good photos of 'The Idiots'.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Or even trying to be soooo clever that everyone not as clever (well how could they possibly be ??) will think 'oh I dont really understand that, so it must be very clever indeed', I must follow him blindly and agree with him on every subject, for how could anyone that clever ever possibly be wrong

Isnt it starting to wear just a little bit thin ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here