Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WrestleMania XXV

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Some of the guys on the current WWE roster ought to feel somewhat ashamed that, even after 15 years without a match, Ricky Steamboat is STILL more athletic and a better performer than they are.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Jericho, Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy - the most entertaining and convincing performers got dumped on big time.

Same old, HHH and Cena. Boring.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'm glad I never sat up for that and paid £15 , I still remember sitting up all night to watch Wrestlemania 3 and I was fizzing with excitement for weeks after that. It all seems so routine now unlike in the old days when PPV's were something different and had all the best matches etc.

agreed

wrestlemania is meant to be SPECIAL, but apart michaels v undertaker, NONE of those matches had that buzz of excitement that they should have done

still, thank f*** we didnt see all the mcmahons in the ring celebrating at the end. that would have been truly vomit-inducing

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Completely agree with you all, was a really disapointing Wrestlemania with the exception of Undertaker V HBK and Santina Marella!! I thought he was so funny in that match, but to think that after Wrestlemania 25, im talking about the bloke in the Divas battle royal shows how weak the show was. I have also never seen so many mistakes in a Wrestlemania!! Me & my mates watching it saw loads, a few in the MITB, Undertaker flying head first onto the floor outside the ring.....dunno what was going on!!

I also think you're all right about Y2J, he has had a great year and deserved to be competing for a title and although Steamboat was in great shape and was really good, Jericho was wasted last night.

I thought the idea that the comentators "didnt know that it was Santino Marella in the battle royal" was really stupid.....

Was great to be able to see the Hall of fame though, as ive never seen it on Sky Sports before.

Roll on the 2009 draft next week......

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
HBK vs The Undertaker.. how old are these guys?

Remember watching these two years ago!!!

HBK is, and always will be, the best!!! Shame he's to old and frail to take some of the knocks he used to in the Brett Hart era!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
HBK vs The Undertaker.. how old are these guys?

Remember watching these two years ago!!!

HBK is, and always will be, the best!!! Shame he's to old and frail to take some of the knocks he used to in the Brett Hart era!

HBK v Undie was a top bout in 1997 so just shows how stale things have come that this is the best WM bout in 2009, Triple H has been doing the same crap for 10 years as well so no wonder things are as boring as they are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Such a contrast between HBK/Taker and HHH/Orton.

There's the way Taker and HBK reinvent themselves, and keep their characters fresh.

Then there's Orton and H who have had the same characters seemingly forever. With H constantly getting one over authority, being unbeatable, etc. Orton just being plain dull

Then their matches, with Taker and HBK slowly building to a crescendo, with perfect timing, perfect selling, and showing new inventive spots (skinning the cat into the tombstone, figure four into devil's gate, moonsault into tombstone). Then there's the utterly predictable H/Orton where the match had nop flow, didn't build, had no new or exciting spots at all.

HBK/Taker gave us the "How To..." have a great mania match and H/Orton gave us "How NOT to...".

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought it wasn't as good as last year. CM Punk winning the MITB was totally ridicolous, because this is the man who wasn't indeed good enough to win the Championship last time. Christian Cage once again being totally wasted on WWE, and he must feel like a total twat by switching from TNA to ECW! Cena winning the title was always going to happen, his entrance was good through. The match of the night, which literrally left me in goosebumps was Undertaker vs HBK, 17-0. :bowdown:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
First time I've watched wrestling in years, but was disappointed. Stage was pretty crap, no atmosphere at all in the main event. The only good bit was the HBK undertaker match, couldn't beleive it. Top match :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
triple H is BLAND

can't believe he's received so much glory for such a long time

haven't a fair few ex-wwe wrestlers criticised the wwe, claiming that triple h pretty much runs it?

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
I did enjoy WM this year. But i agree with many folk on here, some matches were weak and some storylines were old.

Like the Edge v Cena v Show match, Edge v Cena has happened before and so has Cena v Show

Also Orton v HHH has happened.

The money in the bank has happened for the last 4 years or so, but that match is expected at WM

Mysterio v JBL has also happened when Mysterio was World Heavyweight Champ

And Jericho v Legends was a new one, but how is Steamboat that energetic at the age of 56 ?

The only new style of match was the Diva Battle-Royal, which i must admit was awful.

Thank God for Michaels v Undertaker, this match definetly stole the show, with excellent moves and tension throughout.

I enjoyed the event, but i think it could have been better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here